Music Box Composer
By Jelly Biscuits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own Music Box music, and easily share your compositions with others.
Designed to aid composing your own music prior to punching the paper strips for Music Boxes, MBC allows you to compose, preview, play, save and share your creations via Twitter, Facebook, Email or iTunes file transfer.
A small but growing library of Music Box Strips can be viewed here, via webplayer or loading into MBC on device:
Demo of composing, printing, punching an playing:
- Supports 15, 20 and 30 note music boxes.
- Share your compositions with others via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
- Multiple undo
- Disable Notes for temporary changes
- Ripple edits
- Save and Load (access the save location via iTunes File Sharing)
- Sounds sampled from physical Music Boxes
- Save strip to JPG file.
The physical Music Boxes with the paper punch strips and are great fun - what I found was missing was an easy way to preview either transpositions or original creations. This aims to fill that gap but it's also a fun music creation tool in it's own right.
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevice.
Note that there is a desktop version of MBC available from the Mac App Store, as well as desktop versions for other OS's from the Jellybiscuits site.
What's New in Version 2.11
- Add mode without Move mode was always acting as if the Move mode was active - now it'll add notes regardless of whether you touch near an existing note.
- Fix for autoload text and cancel buttons very (very) slowly moving off screen.
- Piano mode now shows notes at active time when dragging timeline, even if a note is selected
- Warning dialog about sharps and illegal notes when exporting to JPG.
- Display of current note in the magnifying glass has been moved to the top rather than bottom.
- Performance hit when showing illegal notes fixed.
- Audio system partially rewritten for smoother playback.
- Cancelling a record to wav then restarting wasn't stopping the next record correctly.
- Touch and slide side to side on the tempo widget to more easily set.
- Shared strips weren't using the name set in the sharing dialog.
- The load strips UI now sorts the strips alphabetically *ignoring* case.
Does exactly what it says on the tin
Works splendidly with paper strip music boxes available at grand-illusions.com. Very powerful editing tools, and the in-app help button makes them easy to learn. Just needs a 1/12-note (triplet) snap mode.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 09, 2012
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Grant Adam
- © jellybiscuits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.