Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.2
* Newly Enhanced User Interface
* New unique default colors for every race and class during character creation
* Cross-platform Multiplayer Match-Making (Beta)
* Custom portraits now only require a large portrait and will scale and resize from resolutions up to 1024
* Spellcasters can now select the same spell to be memorized more than once during character creation
* New, sharper fonts
* Locked containers will now highlight green for thieves
* Movies now offer subtitles (change this option in the Language screen)
* Rasaad's kit changed to Sun Soul Monk
* Shadowdancer kit rebalanced
* New Language support for: Italian, Polish, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Spanish
* Dual-class characters now receive the correct number of hit points when imported
* Arriving on the east side of an area now correctly places the party at the edge of the map
* Spells that can be written into the mage’s spellbook now display a green overlay
* User journal entries created during multiplayer no longer appear as invalid strings when created
* Characters that deplete a stack of ammunition will now automatically switch to the next stack if one is available
* The game no longer remains paused after resting (this prevents duplicate spawns from appearing in towns or other areas where rest is interrupted)
Great game, great App in 1.2!
I am about 20-30 hours (maybe more) into this game. The recent 1.2 update really seems to have resolved the playability issues. I am having a great time. Evenings find me sitting on my sofa, iPad in hand, connected to my surround via bluetooth, having a great time with Baldur's gate.
I played Baldur's gate when it came out in 1998. It was a great game then and a great game now. It has a sprawling depth that is lacking in many PC games these days never mind iPad apps. The iPad format is well suited to this game.
Do yourself a favor and pick this up. If you played it before you will re-discover the old magic (with the bonus of being able to play at the Dentist's office waiting room..). If you have never played it you are in for a rare treat! Beamdog has enhanced the game with most of the features released in Baldur's Gate II so you will be able to explore classes that were not possible in the original release.
Two thumbs up. Nice job Beamdog. Now I will cross my fingers that they decided to pursue Icewind Dale after they get BG II pushed out..
Great to play BG again but not an iPad game
After the December update, some issues(i.e. Finding doors) were fixed. But the game, overall, still doesn't feel like an iPad game. The interface (somehow) has the same annoying glitches it had in the original BG!
BG is a very special game for me, it was the first time I saw Forgotten Realms on a computer. I waited for BG:EE for months as well- I was going to be able to play BG on a mobile device (I can play BG in the bathroom!!!)
Yet, this is the same BG I played on my PC years ago. Same controls, practically same graphics. I am not sure whether there was any improvement in the gameplay to call this version an enhanced edition. Do not get me started about the lack of a shift key to see chests and drawers or the impossibility of going through doors or constant crashes...
Especially after playing the Bard's Tale (another old RPG favorite of mine) on the iPad and seeing the awesome graphics and controls, I have to admit I am a little bit disappointed.
But it is still nice to play BG again...if only it felt like a real iPad game...
the only real rpg for iPad
BG is an experience you have to live.
And what makes it one of a kind is that's the only full-blown rpg in the Appstore. Compared to it even all the Square stuff is a joke.
This is an incredibly deep game and nothing has been altered, it's exactly like its desktop counterpart, even the saves are compatible.
For this reason alone Beamdog deserves all the praise, awesome work.
Thank you thousand times you didn't make 'iBaldur's Gate for mobile', a match-3 game with iaps to buy xp and equipment :-)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 13, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.79 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: IdeaSpark Labs Inc.
- © 2012 Overhaul Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Portrait Pack One$1.99
- Voice Pack One$1.99