Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Universal App: Buy it once, and play it on your iPad or iPhone.
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the two main game modes, then "Store," and then "Restore Purchase."
- Saved games can now be exported by long-tapping the Quick Save button during play
- Characters can now be opened in other applications during the Export Character process, including Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition if it is installed
- The battle music now ends correctly after combat ends
- The kit description for the Wizard Slayer now correctly states that all of the Wizard Slayer’s attacks bestow spell failure, not just melee attacks
- The description of the Detect Illusion spell now correctly describes the radius of the effect as 30 feet, and that only enemies of the caster are affected by the spell’s effects
- The game will no longer crash when attempting to join a multiplayer game, with or without a password
- The side panels on the left and right sides of the screen can now be restored on iPhone by tapping the (enlarged) buttons in the bottom left and right corners of the screen
- The descriptions of innate abilities and spells can now be viewed from the gameplay screen by holding and releasing on the spell’s icon
- Double-tapping an item while purchasing equipment now displays a prompt to set a purchase quantity for that item
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
No sidebar issue on this device. It's also worth noting that the text can be scaled up from the settings menu, which helps considerably.
This is one of the greatest RPGs if all time. The controls are a little tricky, but what can you expect on a small screen.
Not as good as they say...
I was busy playing Civilization and SimCity in the late 90s, so I missed out on the Baldurs Gate games. They are always such highly recommended games, so I thought I should play one. Yeah, I think the high acclaim for this game is nostalgia-tinted. This game is not as good as people say. The UI is clunky. Much of the game is cryptic and not self-explanatory. Gameplay is cumbersome. The voice overs (not sure if those are original to the game or not) are so awful I had to turn the voice volume down. Wish I could get my money back!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 2.44 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Portrait Pack One$1.99
- Voice Pack One$1.99