ReadQuick - Speed Reader
By Action Now
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ReadQuick 3 - Speed Reader for iOS
***Our Biggest Update Ever. Totally Rebuilt for iOS 9***
The world's first and best speed reading app for iOS has been fully redesigned and reimagined for your iPhone and iPad. Over the past year many thousands of you have written us asking for some killer new features. So we took our time and built just about every one of them that made sense.
During our first three years in The App Store the reviews have been amazing:
"... I read just fine the traditional way. But a lot of people don’t, and I find it fascinating that many people read better this way. I got a bunch of emails from readers back in January thanking me for linking to ReadQuick, because it works so well for their reading style." - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"With ReadQuick, I was able to knock out a fairly lengthy article in just a few minutes without getting distracted." - 9to5Mac
"... when my aging brain needs a kick in the ass, and I just want to ingest as much information and data as possible. When I want to guzzle down water. That's when ReadQuick is invaluable." - Rene Ritchie (iMore.com)
"I’m particularly impressed by its minimal and intuitive design." - Forbes
"For me personally, RQ is a great way to enforce focus and attention on what I'm reading; if I look away, daydream or get distracted, I'm going to miss something." - Engadget
One New App, Many New Features
ReadQuick helps you read faster than ever before. Designed for iOS 9, this app helps you speed read while getting through your daily reading lists.
You can access articles you want to read through our partners like Pocket or find them yourself with the built-in browser. You can also choose to read think pieces by our great content partners such as iMore, Longreads, and more. ReadQuick will tell you how long each article will take you to complete based on your words per minute rate.
The more you use ReadQuick the faster your reading rate will become.
What's New in ReadQuick 3:
Brand New Layout and Design
- Inuitive new look feel that gets you closer to the reading experience.
- New control gestures for iPhone and iPad
- All new layout for larger screen iOS devices
Note: Some features are locked or limited. The 'Premium Upgrade' in-app pruchase unlocks everything.
- Save right to ReadQuick using the iOS extension!
- It's here! iCloud syncing between your devices.
- Delete an article on your iPad and it's gone from your iPhone
- Keeps all your playlists in sync
- You wanted Evernote and Feedly integration.
- You got it.
- Readers wanted to go faster than 800 words per minute so we increased the reading rate to 1,000 words per minute. Holy smokes!
- ReadQuick has always presented one word at a time, now from the menu you can choose to speed read with multiple words at a time.
Full Article Viewer
- Tap the full article viewer to see where you are in a large article.
- Or maybe you just want to read the traditional way for a few minutes.
- Instantly share your favorite articles with the built-in share sheet.
- All new featured partners like Google News, iMore, and more
- Pulls in the most recent articles from your favorite news websites
What's New in Version 3.1.2
We've heard all of your feedback and we are continuing to fix these launch bugs and add features.
Here's what we added:
- ability to log in to your favorite services using Settings page
Well, this app is a scam now
This app use to be pretty great. It had good functionality and wasn't too expensive. But now, whoops you've got to pay $9.99 more for the functionality you already paid for and a few tweaks. Ridiculous.
Why stop there devs? Why not release another update with marginally "new" features and then lock the "new" and old features behind another $9.99 paywall? Wait! I know! Do it every few months! Great business model, I'm sure you won't alienate your customers at all.
I understand that devs have got to make money, but guys, you are doing it wrong.
Update! The app has been updated! But not one of these issues has been addressed. Don't worry, they've heard our comments though... they're just going to ignore them. You still have to pay again for what you already paid for.
Could this "update" be a lame attempt to hide their current update one star rating?
Well, let me get the well deserved one star ball rolling again.
They've heard our concerns! They're still ignoring them... boo.
You're still getting a one star rating. Stop trying to shake your cascade of one star ratings with new "updates". Give back to your customers the functionality you are trying to charge the, for a second time. They buy a book on business ethics. Give it a read. You might find some interesting stuff.
Where did my premium go?!
Once again, another update within a matter of a couple of weeks for this app and it doesn't seem that the developer cares about the previous purchasers of the premium service or the fact that they still are at a one star with almost 100% negative reviews. To ask me to pay another $9.99 for a premium service that I have already paid for is absolutely ridiculous. Stay away from this app until the developer wakes up to the reviews.
Don't buy the features
I wouldn't buy the premium features again since the developer could update the app and take them away from you. Even now they keep coming out with updates to bury the bad reviews. The app is good at what it does. There are other free apps that does the same job so look around.
Those people who didn't previously buy the App and assume they don't care, think again. What you pay for today might be taken away.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Action Now Limited
- © Action Now
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases