By A&E Television Networks Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deep in the heart of Louisiana lies America’s oldest swamp – a million miles of inhospitable bayous, marshes and wetlands where nature rules and humans struggle to tame it. Alligator hunting is one of the most exciting, and dangerous, activities one can engage in; and now’s your chance.
Tear through the swamps of Louisiana and hunt the biggest and baddest gators around. Simulating the life depicted on the hit History™ show Swamp People, set-up camp in the deepest reaches of the swamp and prepare yourself to hunt and race through the bayous. Learn the ways of swamp, survive deadly encounters with its residents, and show your friends you’re the best swamper on the leaderboard.
· Camp ownership – a customizable hub for your swamp adventures
· Character customization
· Weapon and Boat upgrades
· Trap upgrades – catch bigger gators with better traps
· Gator hunts – compete against AI swampers at 10 different locales
· Races – race against AI swampers in 8 different courses.
· Dual analog controls
· Bait and catch gameplay – lay traps for gators, return once sprung and take them down
· Game Center – compete against friends on the leaderboards
· Gator variety – over six different types of gators live in the swamp, ranging in size and aggressiveness
What's New in Version 2.3
Secret Swamp Expansion!
You've been given an open invite to venture into the secret swamps of Louisiana to face new dangers. Are you up to the challenge? New weapons, new boats, new levels and more await!
* New map - Zoomed in swamp area - accessed at level 10 or higher
* 5 new hunts
* 5 new hunting boats
* 5 Crossbow weapons
* 5 new Traps
* Level cap raised by 5
* Survival Mode - how long can you last against a swarm of gators? secret swamp-only mode (2 maps)
* Simple missions (hunt/race on level X and place first for bonus exp and soft currency)
* Lockboxes (After hunt % chance to get a lockbox, can open with keys purchased with cajun coins, lockboxes give special items not obtainable any other way.)
* Bug fixes
Swamp People is a fun game to play once you figure out the controls and how to pull gators out of the water. The instructions need a bit of improving. The game was updated several times to fix bugs but each fix seemed to generate new bugs. The welcome screen graphics are great and the play field graphics are good. The two biggest negatives are the amount of time required between scenes and the overabundance of interruptions for commercials. You can earn enough Cajun Coins to make the game enjoyable without paying for the privilege but this takes away from the game's enjoyment. There needs to be a better way to earn Cajun Coins or equivalents. All in, the game is fun to play but there are too many distractions or extra steps needed to get around the commercials. The new tougher named gators are challenging and fun. Some of the new challenges seem a bit contrived. Still buggy when you open a lockbox containing bait but since your bait containers are all used, it seems like the new bait just disappears.
swamp people game
I am totally hooked! Love the show, & love the game! I just wish it was easier to get the coins instead of having to really pay money for them. Maybe y'all could make a way to win them somehow. In this economy, it's hard to have to pay to play a game. I no that I can't afford too, so a lot of other people can't either I'm sure. Come on guys, please see what you can do about that! Thanks!
Gator Hunting is fun, but wish there was more to it.
Overall a nice game to waste time on, though I wish there was a little more depth to it. On the show it's mentioned that Alligator hunting often doesn't bring in enough money by itself to sustain Alligator hunters and that they often do various other jobs on the side to compensate, like fishing for catfish or shrimping.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 30, 2013
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 132 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A&E Television Networks Mobile
- © 2012: A&E Television Networks, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Cajun Coin Pack$4.99
- 220 Cajun Coin Pack$9.99
- 600 Cajun Coin Pack$24.99
- 1500 Cajun Coin Pack$49.99