By Apostrophe Apps, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Feverishly blast through a hostile planet packed with blood-sucking aliens in CAPSIZED+, an action-packed survival shooter.
GLOWING REVIEWS of the original Capsized:
- “A modern original with a nearly pitch-perfect blend of combat and exploration that is as beautiful as it is exhilarating.” – GameShark
- “[M]ore fun, charm and entertainment than a game ten times its size.” - IGN
- “Eye-catching.” – GameSpot
- “A progressive return to gaming’s adventuring roots.” – Edge Magazine
You are a marooned space traveler whose ship has crash landed on a mysterious alien planet and must navigate through beautiful but perilous environments while fighting bloodthirsty creatures to save your crewmates and escape with your lives.
Use a grappling hook, jet pack, high-tech weapons and awesome powerups – create friggin’ black holes! - to fight through non-linear levels set in explorable, hostile environments.
- Campaign Mode: Test your mettle in thirteen levels with lush and varied terrains.
- Three Arcade Modes: Fight endless waves of enemies in Survival Mode, grab oxygen to survive Last Gasp Challenges or test your survival skills in the weapons-free Armless Mode.
- GameCenter Achievements: Prove your intergalactic survival skills by earning all twelve achievements.
- Lush Environments – Enjoy strange and amazing landscapes illustrated in a unique, hand-drawn style. Check out the screen shots.
- Intense Gameplay – Test your constitution with more than twenty hours of heart-throbbing, thumb-busting action.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed a bug preventing in-app purchases.
2x tap the boulder to stick the grappling hook to the boulder. Then pull back on the d-pad to move it!
I don't know how these guys did it, but they were able to take the PC version and cram it into an iPad. The controls are ridiculously good too, considering how difficult games like this are to control on touchscreen! Amazing high quality throughout. For the price, it is a bargain. It's just such a cool game. Get it, show it to your friends, just an amazing experience to have on my iPad. Now, add iPhone and iCloud support and I can play Capsized anytime, anywhere!
Frame rate issues on iPad 2
This game is really something special, but even while playing the first level there were crazy frame skips and jitters resulting in otherwise avoidable enemy attacks... The frame rate issues are a pretty big deal, as they're not only frustrating, but completely take you out of the game making it a while lot less immersive than I imagine it would be while playing on a newer device or other platform.
If the game was optimized a bit more for the iPad 2, I could give it 5 stars, even with the kinda funky controls, this one is a must own.
If it helps at all, I'm running iOS 6.1, have 10GB of free space, cleared my multitasking bar, did a hard reset, deleted and reinstalled, and am NOT jailbroken...
Really hope the frame rate can be made a bit more solid with an update.
Amazing. Pure mobile goodness
Thank you for this app conversion. It turned out well after putting the time into the controls and other features. I love the game itself. Have not put it down yet. Until now to tell you what a great job you did.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 28, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 195 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: APOSTROPHE APPS, LLC
- © 2012 indiePub
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 5000 Capsized+ Commendations$0.99
- 20000 Capsized+ Commendations$2.99
- Currency Fabricator$1.99
- 35000 Capsized+ Commendations$4.99
- The F.E.D.$9.99
- 75000 Capsized+ Commendations$9.99