By Circa 1605, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*****App Store Best of 2013*****
Save time. Stay informed. Circa is the best way to read and follow news on the go.
Long news articles and small screens just don't play well together. Circa solves that problem by condensing the news and making it much easier to read while on-the-go. Tediously reading long articles just to stay up to date is a thing of the past with Circa’s factual and comprehensive, but to-the-point news coverage.
Don't work to get the news, let the news work for you! Our editors strive to make the news easier and faster to read, covering the day's Top Stories, US, World, U.S. Politics, and Technology News!
See why Circa has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times – get it now for free!
• Catch up quick – Don't worry about intimidatingly long articles. Circa's editorial staff boils down stories to just the facts, keeping you informed and saving you time!
• Keep up with breaking news – Using Circa News is the easiest way to keep up with breaking news by sending you a notification as events occur, and allowing you to follow stories as they develop
• Follow the news – Rather than constantly re-reading articles on the same subject, Circa News allows you to follow stories that you’d like to stay up with. We'll send you push notifications each time a story you follow has been updated.
• Share stories & points that you find interesting via Email, Messaging, or Facebook & Twitter.
• Circa’s news coverage is produced by our own editorial staff from the best sources, which we provide alongside each point if you're curious.
• Offline reading – Riding the subway? Don't have an internet connection? You can still read all of the news within Circa News while offline.
• Every pixel in the app, artfully crafted
Circa is simple, factual, comprehensive. Circa is news, re-imagined for your mobile lifestyle.
P.S. We also love hearing from our customers! If you'd like to send in any feedback, just hit us up at email@example.com and we'll be sure to respond.
What's New in Version 2.1
One more update before the end of 2013!
• Sharing: We've made sharing even easier to find and now everyone can share to Twitter and Facebook too, not just readers with an account
• Following stories is easier than ever with a redesigned navigation bar while reading
• Like Circa News? Want to tell a friend about it? We added a button on the Sections screen to do just that.
• The return of Offline Mode! We had some issues that caused this feature to not behave as expected. Now, with background updates you'll be able to keep up with all of your news, even when you don't have an internet connection!
• Fixed some issues that caused the app to randomly log out
• Fixed a crash caused when trying to share via Twitter
• Fixed a few issues related to editing custom messages when sharing
• Brand spanking new design for breaking news stories
• Visual update to further reading section
• Citations have now moved to the end of each storyline, so you can read more from our sources when you're finished
An awesome way to read interesting news
I started using Circa the day it came out. At first I thought there were too few articles but I liked the idea and found a few things that interested me. Over the next few days I found the interface incredibly effective as I could easily consume complex articles rapidly, share specific points I thought were interesting, and track ongoing stories. Furthermore, after following a selection of interesting articles, the reading suggestions (Top Stories) shown to me were almost all current events I am very interested by.
I am really pleased with this app. I've never enjoyed the 'News' although I've always love to know whats going on in society. Generally I've read a large number of blogs to keep track of current affairs. Circa makes this much easier, saves me a lot of time, and most importantly, introduces me to new but interesting topics I would not have seen through my previous reading measures.
I hope in future versions they add social features, somewhat like Flipboard, and add more local news feeds.
News App w/Great Follow-up
I like this news app because it's articles are concise and to the point, and cover a wide variety of new stories from around the world. There are two features that make this a must have news app for me. One feature allows you to hit "follow"on any article of interest to you. The app then sends you notifications on any subsequent updates or articles relating to the original story. The other feature not only sends you the follow-up article on the original story, but attaches it to the original story in case you need to refresh your memory on the original article. Any subsequent updates to the original story are also added on to the original story. The app keeps a list of all articles that you are following and you can edit that list at any time and unfollow a story if you choose.
Fast and informative
I really like circa. It helps me to stay updated but it doesn't take all day to do it. I love how brief the articles are and if I want to follow them, I can. That's great. I wish there were more categories of news, though, like some other apps. I also think it would be really nice if there was a local section, since I have to have two different apps for that. I do really like circa. I also don't really like the bubbles for scrolling-I'd prefer to just scroll as I please and not be restricted by the bubbles on screen telling me where the page should be. I like the news, I like the condensed version and the citations. I also wish there was a search bar to search a specific topic in the news. Bit overall this is a great app and I will and have recommended it to others, but I look forward to the updates!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Circa 1605, Inc.
- © Circa 1605, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.