Tower of Fortune
By Game Stew
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
===== Tower of Fortune is being chosen one of the "Best iPhone and iPad Games of 2012: Arcade" by Toucharcade =====
- A surprise gem of RPG - by Missattha
- Excellent Slot/RPG game with unique art and addicting gameplay - by BazookaTime
- Fun, Addictive and stylish - by Anne Packrat
- Classic retro game - by Shaolean
- Terrific RPG hybrid - by Retr0spective
- Amazingly addictive - by Won'tgetfooledagainson
- Old school with a twist - by Ricepirate Mick Lauer
- I'm hooked - by Monster Party
- Deeply engrossing game - by David Magallon
- Highly enjoyable - by Pyong
- A Reel Good Time For RPG Fans - by Toucharcade, 4/5
- ... it's a hard game to put down once you've mastered its secrets - by AppSpy, 4/5
- ... it's just really freaking addicting and clever - by 148Apps, 4/5
Appstore Customer Ratings
Average rating for all versions: 4.5/5
Tower of Fortune is a retro-style slot machine/RPG. You play as a retired hero and lived with daughter peacefully. Until one day, an unknown power from the mystic tower took her away. This force the hero to draw the sword again and fight for his daughter.
- One button gameplay, easy to learn and no tutorial needed
- Retro pixel graphics and funny animation
- RPG mechanics such as combat, powerful equipment from defeated boss, level up and skill upgrade system, hero transform and much more...
- 4 slot machine game: Combat in the tower, Treasure in the chest, Fight the scum family, and Rest in the tavern
- Customize your camp with various options such as dungeon scene, cauldron and mystic pet
- 39 kind of enemies want to stop you to find the truth
- 37 powerful equipment from the ancient god to collect
- 39 random combat quest and 12 random tavern quest to challenge
- 3 different game ending to discover in first character's storyline
- Support video recording and sharing tool "Kamcord"
- Endless spin and fun!
What's New in Version 1.15
- HD graphic support
- Minor bugs fixed
Well at any rate, I'm working my way through patiently. It's not difficult at all, just a little time-consuming, but then again that's what a mobile game is supposed to be: a quick way to kill a couple minutes while you're in line or waiting for your lawn to grow. If I could make one recommendation, it would be to add some sort of active skill (lock certain tumblers, make one slower a d stoppable ala Robotek), so that all the strategy doesn't begin and end with item acquisition and equipment management. All in all, though, it's still definitely worth snatching up if you need a little diversion for a minute, and can only be bothered to push one button in your game!
Not worth the frustration
So this is a game where spending money in it can certainly help advance your goals, but you really don't have to spend money.
You just have to have an ungodly amount of patience and luck. It is an "RNG" (random number generator) system that controls the main mechanic of the game. There will be times when you are doing great and killing baddies.
Then there will be times you will die over and over because of luck. Not lack of skill.
This game wouldn't be so bad if you didn't lose all of your gear/experience when you die because of bad luck. Instead, when you die in this game, you want to throw your device across the room in a blind rage because you lost to the weakest creature, only because of bad luck.
Don't waste your time with this game. Go find another RPG.
Even though this game looks like it comes from the 90s, it has the retro-sort of appeal and is crazy fun. You scale through a mountain of death I a quest with a slot machine dictating your actions as far as attacking monsters, getting attacked, gaining money, and so forth. It seems like an awkward mechanic, but it makes the game so much more unpredictable. The small learning curve as to how risky you can be is easily traversed makes the game pretty easy. Love the game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 1.15
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GUAN LING WU
- © 2012 Game Stew
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases