WGT Golf Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In this Lite version of the full Golf Mobile app, you can play the free golf game without an Internet connection, however it's in guest mode without an account, and limited to closest-to-the-hole games on Kiawah and Merion, with additional courses available for purchase. Supports iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 5 or later, and iPad 2 or later (but not optimized for full iPad screen).
* Famous Golf Courses - Including Kiawah Ocean and Merion Golf Club for free, with other courses available for purchase: Bethpage Black, Edgewood, Harbour Town, St Andrews, Wolf Creek
* Game Formats - single-player closest-to-the hole games only, not full stroke-play or multi-player or tournaments
* Supports - Supports iPhone 3GS, 4, 5 or later, iPod touch 5 or later, and iPad 2 or later (but not optimized for full iPad screen)
* Full Game - for the full WGT golf game experience, play WGT Golf Mobile, which requires a fast Internet connection and creating a free WGT account, but with access to more free courses, full stroke play games, tournaments and optional virtual equipment
Compatibility - Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 or later.
What's New in Version 1.20
- Merion Golf Club, host of the 2013 U.S. Open
- Faster game play and performance
- Faster loading of game images
- Supports larger iPhone 5 Retina display images
- Sorry, we do not support iPhone 3G or below, iPod Touch 4th generation or below, or the original iPad.
Fun but Tricky
Love the graphics. Fun game, overall. Sometimes very tricky on my iPhone; certainly due to small screen size. i wonder if this is easier on iPad? Seems inconsistent in that same shot under same wind conditions can produce two wildly different results, which makes it very difficult to learn strategy for each hole. Also, I'm pretty sure that the back spin option doesn't really work, as countless times I've put extreme backspin on shots only to hit the green and spin fwd way past holes. Suggestions: make backspin work better, establish some consistency with shots, provide a mulligan for each hole?
Good, fast golf game
This is a quick, enjoyable golf game that takes only a few minutes to play each 9 hole game. I regularly play the online PC version, which is more complex, but probably wouldn't work as well on the iPad. It's a good, lite version that's enjoyable and can be played offline when I'm on an airplane. I sometimes find that the wind correction doesn't correlate as expected, by that's a relatively small inconvenience. I recommend it.
I am an avid player of the CPU version of the game, so I know how good WGT can be. However this app has some flaws. I know this is a stretch, but is there any way to get more compatibility (more models; iPod Touch 4) in a coming update. Also it would be nice if the app were more of a companion to the online game and featured more modes. Again this is a stretch, but possibly just making it an iOS version of the online game that uses the same usernames, players, etc.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 14, 2013
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: World Golf Tour, Inc
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Wolf Creek$0.99
- Bethpage Easy$0.99
- Edgewood Medium$0.99
- Bethpage Medium$1.99
- Harbour Town Medium$2.99
- St Andrews Easy$4.99
- St Andrews Medium$6.99