Sight Words Learning Games & Flash Cards for Reading and Spelling Success. ▫ Learn to Read Educational Program with Word Bingo, Endless Gears, Alphabet Reader and more for Curious Kids in Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st Grade Children by Abby Monkey®
By CFC s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** WONDERFULLY EDUCATIONAL READING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills and reading program Phonics: Fun on Farm, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)*
* Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories *
*...in 6 engaging EDUCATIONAL GAMES! *
* "Action Sight Words is an extra-fun "Extra-terrestrial" way to help children learn challenging sight words."
* "As a mother of a 1st Grader and a Pre-Schooler, I was quite impressed with this app."
* "an awesome level of interactivity"
* "hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids"
* "A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words"
"Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing."
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
Abby Sight Words with Wordaliens is a new EDUCATIONAL READING APPLICATION by 22learn. The app is designed to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written letters, and therefore have to be learned “by sight. ”
Being able to quickly recognize sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is a necessary step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Sight Words offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
The 6 GAMES included are:
1. WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next... Bingo! Aliens are back home!
4. MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6. FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!
Additional Features Include:
- Selection of individual words to be practiced within each category
- Avatar selection
- Choice of capitalized words and upper-case or lower-case letters
- Access to best scores
Get this app now and enjoy the progress your children are going to make in their reading skills.
22learn, your trusted educational apps developer
What's New in Version 2.0.4
• Based on input from school teachers and our customers, we added the possibility of choosing either capitalized, uppercase, or lowercase letters. The lettercase can now be selected directly from the main menu.
• The games are clarified with spoken instructions now and both male and female voice overs are present.
• Further, we modified word categories, so that, for example, preschool category does not include words longer than 3 letters and you can choose which words you want your child to learn in the Settings.
• Also, we improved Flashcards (sound is not played automatically) and Word Machine game (feedback after a wrong answer).
Amazing Tool For Leaening
Sight words learning games & flashcards is a stunning, educational app that makes it easy for kids to learn and quickly recognize the most frequent sight words. There is a plentitude of games to play, which provides a welcome variety of activities that will engage children. Moreover, the graphics really capture the child’s attention and keep her or him interested — at least it does it for my 4-year-old daughter who totally loooves the gears game. I’m very happy to have found this app because it used to be so difficult to get my daughter practice recognizing the words otherwise. I also appreciate that in the settings, a parent can choose which words will appear in the app. In sum, my daughter absolutely loves playing this game on my iPad, and I love the education she's receiving & skills she's developing with it. Thank you for this GREAT app!!
My daughter has been using this apps for a few months now, working from one group of words to the next. With the latest update they have decided to change the the grouping of words around. Now the pre-k list has no words over 3 letters moving all others to a different group. My daughter has already learned pre-k and grade k. Now if I were to continue with this app which I won't we would have to start all over as they have added new words to pre-k and grade k that are not recognized for those levels. Sight words are standardized for a reason. If you want to have an option of only having 3 letter words in pre-k that's fine but don't change the lists completely. This app is making it to hard to teach my daughter sight words and it's a shame because it was an excellent app before this update and we used no other.
Great app for homeschooling!
I love how easy this app makes it to homeschool. My 5 year old normally quite lacks motivation to learn but this app got him thrilled. Children can learn really fast with this as the games are a ton of fun for them. I also love them you can choose the upper or lowercase and check/uncheck the words that you want to be included. For example, I found that for my son it was a lot better when I selected fewer words, so that they appear more frequently and only added more once he was confident about them.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 22, 2014
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 40.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CFC s.r.o.
- © CFC s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Games Unlocked$2.99