National Parks by National Geographic
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
National Geographic presents a beautiful, award-winning interactive guide to 25 of America's most visited national parks. Included free are photo galleries, visitor information, and maps. Purchase the full guides for an even richer experience—and explore the national parks like never before.
Whether you are seeking inspiration and planning your next trip or you’re looking for the ultimate in utility, National Geographic has everything you need to explore twenty-five of the most-visited U.S. national parks at your fingertips. Watch for updates as we continue to add more parks!
Acadia • Arches • Badlands • Big Bend • Bryce Canyon • Canyonlands • Death Valley • Denali • Everglades • Glacier • Grand Canyon • Grand Teton • Great Smoky Mountains • Haleakalā • Hawai'i Volcanoes • Hot Springs • Joshua Tree • Mount Rainier • Olympic • Rocky Mountain • Sequoia and Kings Canyon • Shenandoah • Yellowstone • Yosemite • Zion
Each park guide has all the information you’ll need to know before you go (or get while you’re there!): local time, weather, how to get there, when to go, where to camp or stay, what to do, what to see, and so much more. Plus, each park guide comes with a custom-designed stamp—collect one at each park you visit.
National Geographic is known for its photography, and this app is no different. Explore the parks—from Joshua Tree to the Everglades, from Acadia to Zion—through spectacular images and never-before-seen vintage shots. Plus, learn how to re-create the best photos from the experts: National Geographic photographers.
• Global and interactive map views with filtering by activity and seasonality
• Personalized user space to track your favorite parks, activities, itineraries, photos, and more
• Thousands of points of interest, all tagged with GPS coordinates for easy planning and locating
• The top must-sees and must-dos for each park, curated by National Geographic editors
• Stunning photo galleries for each park, plus rare vintage images from the National Geographic Archive
• Photo tips from National Geographic photographers
• Sharing through Facebook, email, and Twitter
• Collectible park stamps
• And much, much more!
**v1.2.2 enabled iCloud synching of your Park Guide purchases. Please ensure that you have enabled iCloud and have turned on Documents & Data on all of your devices that are synched with the same Apple ID.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to access content.
- 2012 Winner: Apple Design Award, iPhone Developer Showcase
- iPad Editor's Choice!
- iPhone App of the Week!
- W3 Awards - Best in Show 2012
- Webby Awards Honoree - Best Visual Design
"Here is an iPhone app that Teddy Roosevelt and Ansel Adams might love." —Macworld
"And, in true NatGeo fashion, it’s the photos—professional, archival and user-generated—that make the app." —NBCNews.com
"All in all ... I can say that this is one of the most inspiring, useful and consistent iPhone apps I’d seen in a while..." — Macstories.com
What's New in Version 1.4
- Major upgrades for full iOS7 compatibility and features,
- Decreased overall size of the app to allow for faster updates and launching of the app, and a better experience overall.
- Trip itinerary storage and syncing across devices & through updates,
- Emergency fix for a user-reported crash.
Minor content updates, plus visual and functional tweaks, including:
- Corrected location of Sunrise Point in Mount Rainier National Park,
- Corrected location of Port Angeles in Olympic National Park,
- Addressed typo in Denali Park Secrets #6,
- Added a number of new lodges and updated existing lodges for several parks,
- Corrected location of Appalachian National Scenic Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Plus many very minor photo, text, and metadata tweaks, to keep the content and experience as rich and accurate as possible.
As always, we welcome your feedback at email@example.com!
Thieving NG app
This app is generic and of no informational value. The original app (NG National Park Maps HD) was great, had detailed maps with trails on the map. It was perfect for hikers. This app is just a satellite view with a few pins and roads. Useless if you want a hiking map. The previous version is no longer available if you upgrade your OS. I would gladly pay for the old version, this one is not worth the time, and define not worth any money. If they quit supporting an app, money should be refunded. I no longer can open the HD map app. They've basically stole my money from the original HD map purchase.
What happened to the National Parks Map App?
I paid for the Nat Geo map app which had all of the government issues parks maps and the Nat Geo topo maps available for purchase. I loved that app! Always felt great to have a detailed topo map handy and easy to access. Now it appears to have disappeared and the app on my ipad just crashes. This app, in comparison, is a fairly useless glossing over of each park without having any useful maps.
The only map here is satellite without any marked roads! Useless. I want the map app I paid for back!
I wish I had looked at the reviews, but I did, for the first and last time ever, an in app purchase based on the Nat geo name. This app is virtually useless. Some nice photos, but they take so long to load I can't really enjoy them. The maps have little pins that say a place is interesting, but you can't get any info beyond the name, well, I can read a paper map for that. I really hoped for something of substance, but it isn't here.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 96.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- set of all available park guides$12.99
- Yellowstone Guide$1.99
- Yosemite Guide$1.99
- Grand Canyon Guide$1.99
- Zion Guide$1.99
- Grand Teton Guide$1.99
- Glacier Guide$1.99
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon Guide$1.99
- Acadia Guide$1.99
- Great Smoky Mountains Guide$1.99