Find interesting people, places and events in Spokane’s history, and take historical tours of the city. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map is an interpretive story that includes historical information about the site along with historic images from various regional archives and historical publications. Many sites also include short documentary videos or audio clips based on expert research or oral history interviews.
Spokane Historical is a collaborative project with interpretive stories developed by students and faculty in the Public History Program and Department of History at Eastern Washington University.
Welcome to Spokane Historical 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view of the city)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*3.0.2 improves the security of network requests
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and Informative!
As a frequent business traveler to Spokane, I stumbled across this App. Loaded with tidbits of interesting history and lore, it is a great companion to have while wandering around Spokane and helps explain art pieces and landmarks. Well done!
I love this app!
My some is studying the history of Spokane and every night we read something new and interesting. Sometimes we look up the locations that we are reading about. That is how I stumbled on this app.
It is full of interesting facts and bring our past to life. I wish I had discovered this app a long time ago.
My only complaint is that I can't wait for the historic boundaries to be expanded beyond the immediate Spokane area.
Fun Historical App
This app is great for discovering more about Spokane and it's history! I've had fun clicking each historical place and reading about and seeing photos of the location. I haven't found anything thing else online that combines some much historical information about Spokane in such a easy to use and fun way.
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 39 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Dr. Larry Cebula and Eastern Washington University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.