Elbow Pro III
By 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
This app is 50% discounted for a limited time to promote the release of our new NOVA III series.
Elbow Pro III gives users an in depth look into the body region and allows them to cut, zoom & rotate the elbow. Elbow Pro III provides multiple cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal and Transverse) as well as the ability to cut away different layers revealing the muscles, blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue down to the skeleton.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/elbow_pro.php
• 360 degree, 3D horizontal rotation of the elbow for Anterior, Lateral, Posterior, and Medial views - all easily controlled with your mouse.
• Multiple 3D cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal, and Transverse) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• Ability to cut away different layers down to the bone.
• Each cross section shows muscle, nervous, vascular and skeletal systems with detailed information on each system - with the touch of a pin.
• 105 images of every nerve, muscle and vessel isolated.
• 55 animations highlighting muscle movement and joint function.
• 164 audio pronunciations - one for every label.
• Origin and Insertion points of each muscle mapped onto the bone.
• 2 types of Quizzes: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Comprehensively built to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to zoom: Zoom in to and identify any region or muscle by clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the app: Use the Settings function to choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses, doctors, etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool and can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select any pin in the app -- and the app will automatically find and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators, or professionals in helping explain certain conditions, ailments and/or injuries.
visually a knockout
Pretty slick app. The ability to visualize the musculature and surrounding neurovascular structures is quite helpful. This app has many useful applications both studying and teaching. I do feel that it should be universal across iPad and MacBook, iPhone, etc….
Perhaps an update will make this and all other 3D4medical apps universal?
Each of these apps are great. I use them daily in my Sports Medicine practice in showing patients. Animations are helpful- look forward to elbow animations. Well done- very much worth the price.
POOR RESOLUTION AND LIMITED SIZE
DISAPOINTED, I expected the image to fill my 27" screen, its only 6.5"w x 7.0"h - you can not stretch window larger like most any other software. Image resolution is poor, when you zoom in the image loses resolution instead of at least remaining the same, appears out of focus; certainly does not take advantage of a high resolution iMac screen. It would be usefull to be able to bend the elbow as you rotate it as well as zoom in and out of the entire arm, not just an isolated section a couple inches on each side of the elbow. You can choose the opacity of the "levels" as advertized on 3D's website, but its nothing like using layers as with an Autodesk product if youre experienced with that. I would much have rather paid more and received a more professional product, I cant imagine the medical profession being satisfied with this. 3DMedical offers all of these apps for various parts of the body, I would rather pay $50-100 and get one app that has everything in it, zooming in and out of any part of the body. I guess what I had imagined and was hoping for simply doesnt exist yet. Lastly, after downloading on my mac I thought I could download to my iphone or ipad for free, but you have to pay for each 'version' separately. I dont expect I will buy any more of these apps from this company for a while, I was hoping for better. They are just trying to make a quick buck selling thousands of low priced, low quality apps. Again, I would be willing to pay a higher price for something much more professional.
- Category: Medical
- Released: May 25, 2012
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 3D4Medical.com
- © 2012 3D4Medical.com LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor