By Rodale Inc. Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Running Times, the magazine for the highly competitive runner, is now on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth content that goes beyond the basics, sharing details on the training methods, racing tactics, and motivations of the world's best runners, and giving advice on how to apply the principles of this elite training to your own running.
RUNNING TIMES MARCH 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Give It A Rest: When and how runners recover is as important to performance as logging the miles. Experts tell us the best strategies to rejuvenate between workouts, after races and during injury—as well as offer key advice for when it's better to push through and tolerate fatigue and muscle soreness. We also hear from world-class athletes about their recovery from injuries and get a peak at the best gadgets and gear to help repair those tired legs.
• Top Masters of 2013: Masters runners continue to amaze with outstanding performances in every decade of life. We compiled the best performances at four popular distances (5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon) using age-grading tables to see who defied age the best during 2013.
• He Ran These Streets: Kevin Castille, 41, was largely unknown on the American racing scene until a few years ago. Now he has set six American masters records in the past two years. What drives him? After success in high school, he lost a decade, his 20s, the prime of his running life, selling crack cocaine on the streets of Lafayette, La. This is the story of how he discovered running again—and what he’s bringing to the sport this time around.
• The Natural: Long before there was Born to Run, there was Why We Run, a book by world-renowned biologist and world-class ultramarathoner Bernd Heinrich that argued for running's central role in human evolution. We visited with Heinrich, now 73 and living in a cabin without electricity or running water, to learn more. Heinrich's idea of "substitute chases" explains not only his love for and approach to running, but why he showers outdoors next to rotting carcasses.
• AND...news, owner's manual, high school, college, masters, trails, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
What's New in Version 1.6
-Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 04, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © Rodale, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Running Times Subscription$19.99
- March 2014$4.99
- September 2012$4.99
- June 2012$4.99
- July 2012$4.99
- Jan / Feb 2013$4.99
- April 2013$4.99
- Oct / Nov 2013$4.99
- Sept 2013$4.99
- Jan/Feb 2014$4.99