By Simply Audiobooks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the fastest and most responsive Audiobooks.com app yet. This free app has a library of more than 50,000 free audiobooks, best sellers, classics and new releases in every genre including Fiction, Romance, Children’s audiobooks and more. Download or stream an audio book to your iPhone or iPad and start listening to a great story instantly.
• Your first audio book is free
• Download audible stories directly to your Apple device
• Library of more than 40,000 audio books including bestselling novels, language guide audiobooks, fairy tales for kids, the Bible and more
• Audible stories written by all of your favorite authors like Sandra Brown, Stephen King, Danielle Steel, Dan Brown and more
• Books in every genre including Mystery, Sci-Fi, Biography, Business and Christian audio books
• Stream audiobooks anytime, anywhere over Wi-Fi and 3G networks
• Listen to an audiobook over multiple devices - switch seamlessly between your iPhone, iPad, and computer without losing your place
• Exclusive, member-only discounts – save up to 50% on audiobooks
What's New in Version 4.2
- Fixed intermittent audio book streaming issues
- Improved streaming responsiveness
- Minor bug fixes
Great App for Listening to Books
I've used this app on my iPad for awhile and update when there is a new update. I listen to 2 to 3 books a month. With each upgrade it gets better. I like how you can rewind 30 sec at a time when you miss something or want to listen to it again. Also, that you can pause where you are in the book and it starts for that point when you start it back. And that all of you books are there in your library in case you want to listen to it again.
What I think needs to be improved is, it isn't syncing with my iphone. Also, sometimes it doesn't load pass the scene with the arrow. I have to power down my ipad and restart to get it to work.
Overall, it's a GREAT app!
Works great when it works properly
I commute 8 hours a week and I enjoy listening to books in the car. Audio books has an excellent selection of material and the sound quality is great. I only have one small issues in that it will get stuck and will not play. I have to delete the book and resume the playback. This occurs about once or twice a week and is only a minor inconvenience. The real issues is when the app loses my place in the book and starts over from the beginning. I hope they continue to work on the small bugs like this to improve performance.
Good, but needs improvement
I really enjoy listening to audio books with this app. The app itself is easy to use, but it has a few bugs that need to be adjusted. When I play books in the car using my bluetooth, it doesn’t shut off for incoming or outgoing phone calls. When I turn off the car, it will continue to play on the phone unless I remember to press pause. I would really like it to remember where I left off and synchronize between my phone, computer, and iPad. Other than these small annoyances, it works well and I enjoy the service.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simply Audiobooks Inc.
- © Audiobooks.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.