Battle of the Bulge
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
Key features include:
• Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
• Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
• Extensive historical photos and commentary
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
What's New in Version 2.19
- Wrong replacements numbers fixed.
- Map zoom runs smoother.
- Sound problems fixed.
- Tiles now change their owner correctly if the units are vanquished during night phase, because of isolation effects.
- Multiplayer desynchronizations fixed.
- You should now be able to see the Combat Legend panel in tutorial.
- Axis units that are isolated at the end of 28th December are now considered destroyed
- Tweaked tournament scores.
- Reinforcements are no longer displaced on friendly but contested spaces
- Air support icon is now displayed in the combat preview.
- Turn indicator during combat bug fixed (this also caused team switch bugs).
- Resign when other player is taking his turn bug.
- Combat half infantry elite defense bonus applies correctly now.
- Tournament scores calculation updated.
Game features added:
- Messaging system.
- Added a desynchronization checker for multiplayer, with the Restart option, which should fix the game state.
The BEST war game in the App Store
For war gamers, this is the BEST game app in the App Store. WELL worth the purchase price. Easy to play, but still complex enough to be challenging. I play against other players from all over the world. The straight-up "Battle of the Bulge" scenario works well. Unfortunately, the "Luck of the Draw" scenario doesn't work online, but the "Endgame" version does, and is a very challenging scenario. For new players - play against the AI for a bit, and then challenge or accept a challenge against another player. Hugely rewarding and fun!
So I finally switched to the new version as not many were left to play the original. Plays better than the initial reviews. AI has been lobotomized, I just surrounded about 10 divisions. Much more difficult to understand multiplayer system compared to original Game Center. I will say that once you figure out the multiplayer, there are a lot of good players online. Let's hope they improve the AI for the next update.
Balanced and Fun
This is one of my favorites. I am close to 500 hours on it. It is easy to learn but hard to be good at. Play the AI till you think you are competent or even good. Then play against other players and you will go to a whole new level. The games play quickly and you have many scenarios to choose from. Well worth the few dollars to buy. See you online!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 27, 2016
- Version: 2.19
- Size: 499 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © 2012-2013 Shenandoah Studio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Endgame$3.99
- Von Manteuffel$1.99
- Designer’s Guide$2.99