Join Ling Ling and her panda friend Bao Bao, as they dream of the fantastic things Ling Ling will be when she grows up! An imaginative, rhyming story book app for kids by Ming and Wah (iPhone version; by Auryn Apps)
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Ling Ling Looked in the Mirror" is the story of a feisty girl who knows she can be anything she wants to be. Some of them are silly (a bubble-bath maker), others are serious (marine biologist), but they are all fun, happy, and beautifully illustrated. Perfect for showing kids at a young age that they can dream big!
Ling Ling Looked in the Mirror is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc and is based on Ming and Wah Chen book by the same name illustrated by Mariko Jesse.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Tout to your children that they can grow up and be anything in the world they set their mind to!
-Expose them to the multiple occupations there are, so they know it’s not just about becoming a doctor or an engineer.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
-“Can you list different kinds of jobs people do around you?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Bug fix and Optimizations
Fun book about a spunky girl!
Enjoy reading with your kids or letting them explore; another great book by Apps by Auryn!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 19, 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 50.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.