Explore Baltimore's many unique historic places and take self-guided tours of Baltimore neighborhoods: Mount Vernon, Station North, West Baltimore and more! Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map tells a story about Baltimore's past along with historic images from archives and libraries across the Baltimore region. This project was developed by Baltimore Heritage Incorporated, a citywide nonprofit dedicated to preservation advocacy and heritage education. Connect to us online at http://www.baltimoreheritage.org or http://facebook.com/baltimoreheritage.
Explore Baltimore Heritage is a collaborative project with stories developed by Baltimore Heritage staff and volunteers. Explore Baltimore Heritage partners include the Baltimore Museum of Industry, Enoch Pratt Free Library - Maryland’s State Library Resource Center, the Maryland Historical Society, the University of Baltimore Langsdale Library Special Collections, the UMBC Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery Special Collections and others. For more information about these collaborations visit the project's website: http://explore.baltimoreheritage.org/.
• Historical content: Baltimore Heritage Incorporated and its partners.
• Project Director: Eli Pousson, Baltimore Heritage Incorporated.
Welcome to Explore Baltimore Heritage 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view of the city)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*3.0.1 includes minor layout improvement for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy over 350 stories about historic places of all kinds!
Full disclosure? I edit and maintain Explore Baltimore Heritage as the Director of Preservation and Outreach at Baltimore Heritage. My honest take is that our website and smartphone app is a unique resource for locals and visitors alike. The site includes hundreds of historic photographs and essays from dozens of local historians and students. We're always adding stories and always happy to hear from readers about how we can improve! Please check it out and share a review.
Excellent app for Baltimore!
Whether you are new to Baltimore or are a long-time resident, this app is a wonderful resource for exploring the city and learning about its colorful history. The map is loaded with unique and historic points of interest and packed with interesting information and pictures of each site. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to spend time in city; visitors and residents alike!
Baltimore history at your fingertips
This app is a must have for locals as well as those planning a trip to
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 37.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Baltimore Heritage
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.