By Ndemic Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can you infect the world? Plague Inc. is a unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation.
Your pathogen has just infected 'Patient Zero'. Now you must bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global Plague whilst adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself.
Brilliantly executed with innovative gameplay and built from the ground up for iPhone & iPad, Plague Inc. evolves the strategy genre and pushes mobile gaming (and you) to new levels. It’s You vs. the world - only the strongest can survive!
◈◈◈ #1 top game globally with 500 million+ games played ◈◈◈
Plague Inc. is a global hit with over half a million 5 star ratings and features in newspapers such as The Economist, New York Post, Boston Herald, The Guardian and London Metro!
The developer of Plague Inc. was invited to speak at the CDC in Atlanta about the disease models inside the game!
▶ “The game creates a compelling world that engages the public on serious public health topics” – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
▶ “Best Tablet Game of 2012” - New York Daily News
▶ “Plague Inc. will snag your attention in all the right ways and keep it there” - Touch Arcade
▶ “No denying Plague Inc.'s high-level of quality” - Modojo
▶ “Plague Inc. should not be as much fun as it is” – London Metro
▶ “Will leave you hoping to destroy the world, all in the name of a bit of fun” – Pocket Lint
▶ “Plague Inc.'s gameplay is infectious” - Slide to Play
▶ Winner – “Overall Game of the Year” – Pocket Gamer
▶ “Killing billions has never been so fun” – IGN
● Stunning retina graphics with a highly polished interface (Contagion guaranteed)
● Highly detailed, hyper-realistic world with advanced AI (Outbreak management)
● Comprehensive in-game help and tutorial system (I am Legendarily helpful)
● 12 different disease types with radically different strategies to master (12 Monkeys?)
● Full Save/Load functionality (28 Saves Later!)
● 50+ countries to infect, hundreds of traits to evolve and thousands of world events to adapt to (Pandemic evolved)
● Full game support for scoreboards and achievements
● Expansion updates add the mind controlling Neurax Worm, the zombie producing Necroa Virus, Speed Runs and real life Scenarios!
Localised in English, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Russian. (more coming soon)
P.S. Give yourself a pat on the back if you got all the themed literature references!
Special sale price to celebrate being the 3rd most popular iPhone game of 2014!
Like Plague Inc. on Facebook:
Follow me on Twitter:
What's New in Version 1.10.3
Plague Inc. Mutation 10 Discovered - Santa's Little Helper
1. Special Christmas Scenario - Infect the World with Happiness! Boring governments have banned holidays, laughter and celebrations. Luckily, the Neurax Worm has teamed up with Santa and is determined to infect the whole world with joy and happiness.
2. Teleportation scenario - Highly advanced technology has created the opportunity to travel through a portal and teleport to other countries. Where will they go?
3. New Progress Screen - Just how good at Plague Inc. are you? See your completion % and complete challenges to become a Plague Inc. master!
4. Major gameplay update to core disease types following player feedback, particularly Parasite, Prion and the Neurax Worm, as well as upgraded human AI, making life more difficult for any potential world-ending pathogen
5. Improved starting country selection, updated the world population and added lots of new Simian Flu achievements
6. Performance improvements for all devices
7. Minor game balance / AI improvements / bug fix
1.10.1 Fix for Russian translation bug
1.10.2 Improved compatibility
1.10.3 Minor bug fix
I have future updates planned – let me know what you want!
Excellent example of a well-crafted game.
This game is a fine example of good game design and outside-the-box conception. The premise takes a bit of getting used to, but once embraced, is very satisfying. The progression to unlock all of the variations included in the game is balanced such that the player learns new and different strategies to win. Plague Inc. is meant to be played through many times, which adds to the longevity.
The difficulty settings may be a bit difficult to understand at first. There are actually 4 difficulty level, but Brutal and Mega Brutal are switched between by a toggle located underneath Mega Brutal, with Mega Brutal being the default. This can lead the player to attempting Mega Brutal before he is ready. The simple solution is to tap the toggle button and switch to Brutal difficulty when the player wants to increase the challenge level without becoming overwhelmed.
One big tip for players... include some strategy to deal with Greenland. It is the single most difficult area to infect, due to it's relative isolation, low population density, and singular mode of access (boat). If you include a way to deal with Greenland, you should be able to win, provided you have a workable strategy, and stick with that strategy. Good Luck, and Curse you Greenland, bane of our existence!
You should make a multiplayer mode where one person is the cure and one person is the disease. For the cure, you don't know where the disease is at first ,and you have to invest cure points (cure alternative to disease points) or money in certain countries to find a disease, and instead of transmissions and symptoms, you could have actions (blocking of borders, dispensing face masks) and research. You should have to spread out the money or points you spread because : A . It resembles real life and B. That prevents the player from making one super strong country to prevent just one area from being infected. The more severe the disease is, and the more research you put into a country with the disease, the higher the chance of finding it. There could also be hints like people coughing in Norway, but some of them could just be the common cold. Once you find the disease, you could unlock the ability section which allows you to do something like add coffee machines to science labs (speeds up research), or invest in the stock market to get more or less (50% chance) later in the game. The disease could be the same. There could be a choice of online mode or local (someone that's connected to the same wifi network.) you could figure out the rest.
Needs some changes
The game can be fun but it annoys me that I spend 30+ DNA points to slow the cure and it basically does nothing. Also popping the "cure bubbles" seems entirely pointless as well. It would be nice if it actually slowed the cure down. And especially when the entire world is infected, it's unrealistic that the doctors working on the cure would be able to do it so quickly. After all, they're sick too....once everyone is infected it should slow down the cure research considerably. It also annoys me that the "countries" are things like The Caribbean, West Africa and The Middle East. Those are regions, not countries, and they don't have one common government that can fall. The news ticker is also a minor annoyance. It seems really random that the government would burn corpses, then declare a national emergency, then exterminate pigeons. It would make more sense for it to be sequential.
Overall it's pretty fun but these many little things will probably eventually make me lose interest in playing unless they are fixed.
I'm not super thrilled that I paid $1 for it and I probably wouldn't do it again. I'm also never paying for upgrades within the game. Just not worth it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 15, 2015
- Version: 1.10.3
- Size: 63.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ndemic Creations LTD
- © 2011, Ndemic Creations LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Necroa Virus$1.99
- Unlock Neurax Worm$1.99
- Unlock 7 Standard Plagues$2.99
- Unlock Cheats$9.99
- Unlock All Genes$7.99
- Unlock Virus$0.99
- All Scenarios$2.99
- Unlock Simian Flu$1.99
- Unlock Genetic Mimic gene$0.99
- Plague Pack$12.99