Foolproof Art Studio
By Studio Mee
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create art with your personal touch from any photo – in seconds. The smartest oil painting app for both beginners and pros.
- iPhone version featured by Apple under New and Noteworthy in 125 countries and recommended in an @AppStore tweet.
- Cool and simple expression control: paint FAST for a nice oily blur, paint SLOWLY for better detail, regardless of brush size.
- Brush strokes are recorded, so you can replay the whole session so far, at any time. You can even save your session replays as regular movie files (iPhone 4 or later).
- Save sessions for later reuse. Current session auto saved when exiting app.
- True multi-touch painting! The feeling of painting with 5 fingers at once – and actually achieving something – is incredible.
- Export at up to 12 megapixels resolution. (8 MP on iPad 2, 4 MP on iPad 1)
- Undo at any time. Or even better, just paint over until satisfied!
- Try out your paint on the handy palette before using.
- Enjoy the dynamic paint sounds following your slightest brush twist.
- Check out the trailer: http://youtu.be/yxx87L4e7Wo?hd=1 (90 seconds)
Bottom line: When painting is fun, results are better!
What's New in Version 1.8
- Fully adapted to iOS 7
- Many minor improvements
Foolproof® is great! If the developers can add an alpha channel for each background they offer (concrete wall would be a nice addition) I would hope they could allow the paints to reveal the textures of those backgrounds, adding lots of realism.
Also it would make sense to be able to toggle the
option of seeing the original photo with being able (this is the most IMPORTANT suggestion for either the next update or an in-app purchase) to paint inside the magnifier lens since there is no apparent zoom feature while painting.
The auto paint feature is a nice intro, but the fun comes with the manual painting, which allows a large range of brush sizes, a variety of color approaches that have intensity sliders AND a slider for how random the colors are—great for grayscale original photos—all within the same painting!
Finally while the paint does smear nicely, there is no wipe-off/erase feature.
One day I'd like to see this on the desktop combined with some of the desktop features of PaintMee®.
Just buy it and send them your feature requests; they do listen.
Which is why they rock.