Pixlr Express - photo editing, effects, and collage
By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pixlr Express is a fun and powerful photo editor that lets you quickly crop, resize, and fine-tune any picture, all in a completely ad-free experience. Choose from over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and borders to further personalize your image. Pixlr Express makes you look like a pro, even if you’ve never edited a photo before.
• Easily crop, rotate, and re-size images when saving and sharing.
• Create and customize a photo collage by editing its layout, background, and spacing.
• Share your photo directly with friends through Facebook or email, or just save it back to your photo library.
• ‘Auto Fix’ photos for a one-click fix to balance out colors, adjusting for poor lighting conditions.
• Remove red-eye and whiten teeth with simple tools.
• Make your photo look like a drawing or sketch with stylize adjustments such as halftone, watercolor, and pencil.
• Explore the growing catalog of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
• Overlays help adjust the mood of the photo – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
• Lighting effects can add drama, sparkle, or a grunge look. Easily adjust the intensity and orientation of each effect.
• Finish off your editing process with the right border – pick a style that fits you.
• Look like a pro with cool photo effects such as focal blur, denoise, and more.
• Explore cool tools: easily adjust the contrast and brightness of your image, or focus on one color with the color splash tool.
• Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the favorites button.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Photo-editing... Still amazing.
I've used pixlr on desktop since I've gotten into editing pictures and graphic designing. It is one of the photo editing programs I used for advanced editing.
Now speaking of, pixlr express, I've been very fond of pixlr-o-matic and it's just to make some touch-ups. In my opinion, I'd use both but I would consider it to be more like Picmonkey. Pixlr is more like gimp and that's what I like about it.
Overall, I enjoy using this app and it is similar to aviary but still great. I had some pretty high expectations, at least it's not unprofessional. I was suggesting that it had some tools that were used on Pixlr, but I guess it would be impossible
to use advanced tools on 'mobile'.
I would recommend this app to those who wants to have a more professional-like edited photo.
Best photo editing app evr!!!!
The title is not a hyperbole not at all... In fact it's an understatement. This app can do pretty much anything a professional photoshop program on a computer. With this app I have photoshopped, edited and completely combine multiple effects into a sink masterpiece. When I post my masterpieces at FB everybody assumes it was done in adobe CS5 because its THAT good. I wish I can upload some of my pictures in here to show u how amazing this is.
I looved the pc version but this works just as fine. No need to be connected to the Internet to edit pictures (though some effects have to be downloaded first but only takes about 5 mins and then u can use them off line) it might take a while to learn all of its functions and use them properly to create amazing pictures but its worth it...
Great alternative to Photoshop
I originally got this app after my photoshop trial expired and I didn't have the money to get the licensed version. I use editing for images, specifically on Tumblr. I read on a site that this was a good alternative, and I agree. There are many features on the app that are expected, such as different effects and overlays, contrast and brightness adjustments, and hue changed. But there's also a number of great features like a brightness paint brush and being able to lay one image over another that I was not expecting. Great and easy to use. Gave 4/5 because I wish you could edit gifs.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 17, 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.