Marble Math Junior
By Artgig Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Solve a variety of math problems by collecting numbers as you roll or drag your marble through a series of fun mazes for ages 5-8 (with audio questions for emerging readers)
- 2013 Parents' Choice Award Winner
- Common Sense Media 2013 ON for Learning Award Winner
- Fantastic app for reinforcing core math concepts with fine motor and visual tracking benefits thrown in - Smart Apps For Kids
- Featured Best Summer Travel App - The Washington Post
- One of the most engaging, educational math apps we have played to date - KinderTown
- Rolling the marble---something I find really fun on an iPad----or dragging it carefully away from the "wrong" answers, is great fine-motor-skills work - Cool Mom Tech
- 5/5 Stars There is lots to love about this app - Famigo
FUN MATH PRACTICE:
Based on the Common Core Curriculum, Marble Math Junior is an engaging way for early elementary students to practice mental math. Earn new marbles and collect bonuses while reinforcing key concepts in pursuit of a high score. But watch out math whizzes! You’ll need to be focused and nimble to avoid the obstacles in your path.
WRONG ANSWER? NO PROBLEM:
Marble Math Junior gives you the option to Replay the question or Show the correct answer in a game simulation, before moving on to the next problem.
MULTIPLE USER ACCOUNTS:
Add as many custom profiles as you like. Individual game settings, including problem types by level, and scores are saved in each user profile. And the profile avatar creator is so much fun, it’s like its own game.
CUSTOMIZE FOR SPECIFIC CONCEPTS AND ABILITY:
Along with high scores and three separate difficulty levels to suit different ages and abilities, there are 16 unique marble styles to choose from. Parents and teachers can customize gameplay to concentrate on specific math concepts by selecting problem types for each player and level or just let the game roll with random problem generation for unlimited practice and play!
MARBLE MATH JUNIOR CONCEPTS INCLUDE:
• shape recognition/matching
• sequencing number values and ordinals
• addition, subtraction and multiplication to 100
• identifying fractions
• counting money (USD, AUD, CAD, EUR or GBP)
• telling time
• completing addition equations
Additionally, early learners who may not be reading yet can tap on a problem to hear it spoken.
MADE BY EDUCATIONAL GAME DESIGNERS
The game designers at Artgig Apps come from a background of educational software development and we put lots of TLC into every detail of each app we create to ensure a fun and engaging learning experience. We include kids, parents and teachers in our app development and testing to make sure our apps are exceptional tools that kids want to use again and again.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Also available Marble Math for ages 9-12+
Thanks for trying Marble Math Junior!
For more Artgig Apps and demo videos: www.artgigapps.com
We at Artgig Apps are parents ourselves, and we hold your privacy and the privacy of your child in the highest regard.
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Marble Math Junior:
- does not share your personal information amongst ourselves or with anyone else;
- does not include ads or in-app purchases, and there are no links to social network sites (like Facebook or Twitter)
- uses analytics to collect anonymized user data for general information about how people use our apps.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Removed all external links
- Minor bug fixes
Also available: Marble Math with more math concepts for ages 9+
If you like Marble Math Junior, please take a moment to leave a review: It really helps.
I wish I could give 5 Marbles rather than stars!!
My 6yo LOVES Marble Math & so do I! Honestly, there aren't enough words to say how wonderful this app really is! Not only have the developers made an app that is fun for the kiddos, but it reinforces + teaches them skills necessary for development. There is even an area where if the kiddo touches a certain object, the kiddo will then have ONLY a "flashlight view" of the playing board, which btw, is my sons fav!! In this mode, the kiddos must use their memory of the board in order to not land on incorrect answers. I love it because, especially w/ boys, it teaches them to SLOW DOWN & pay close attn to what they see & remember. My son would race thru everything IF he could!! Thank you SO much for this amazing game app!
Good Idea, Not So Good Execution
As a teacher, I found this app to be a great idea, however the app seems to be more focused on playing marbles than the math problems. Although the app may keep students attention, it is not teaching them as much as this app could. Since playing marbles is the main focus of the game, the students are not learning as much as they could about the math problems. While this app is a good idea, I believe it needs to have more of a focus on the math problems themselves in order to improve this game.
Good math practice
He likes the funny obstacles and collecting marbles.
I like that I can set the math to work at his level.
Level 3 is perfect practice for 3rd grade!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 15, 2013
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 67.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Artgig, LLC
- © 2013, Artgig, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.