***Featured on Apple's "New and Noteworthy","New", in US, UK, Australia and many more stores.***
*** Featured by FWA Mobile "Mobile of the Day" ***
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately. It also features a Tone Generator just like a pitch pipe with four different wave forms.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). Rather than providing only one mode like other tuners, insTuner supports different tuning modes applicable to different situations, such as Instant Tuning Mode for quick tune and play, Fine and Strobe Modes for accurate tuning, FFT Mode for sound analysis etc. What's more, many advanced features are provided such as Concert A calibration, historical temperaments and transpositions, which make it more powerful than other tuners.
insTuner is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique "fixed" note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones.
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner. It supports Built-in Microphone as well as Line-in and other audio interface such as Apogee One. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Supported both Landscape and Portrait mode
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Instant Tuning Mode
* Strobe Tuning Mode
* Fine Tuning Mode with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Mode that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Mode for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Mode with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Well-designed "Fixed" note wheel display
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
* Supported Inter-App Audio
* Supported Audio Bus
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
We make the best music Apps for you! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Our customers said:
"Best tuner I've ever had. I'm a professional clarinetist, and I've told all of my musician friends to use this app."
"I highly recommend this app and who can beat the price. My violin teacher compared it to her personal device. She wants an ipad to get the app for her personal use. "
"I have the iPhone 5 and play tenor sax, I compared this to a 40 dollar tuner and its perfect..."
"As a high school band director, I use this tuner more often than my strobo tuner. Besides the obvious portability, it is actually a bit more sensitive than the multi thousand dollar strobo and I Iove the multitude of options!"
"Absolutely love this app. I use it for my guitar, my son's violin and upright bass. The new features are even more amazing..."
Enjoy insTuner? Try Pro Metronome for FREE! http://bit.ly/prometronome
1. Fixed minor bugs
2. Added integration to other EUMLab's apps
3. Added simplified Chinese support.
Ratings and Reviews
More than a tuner app
I am using this app for about half a year or more and I found an extra use of it. As a luthier apprentice, I need something to let me know where the wood use for my ukuleles projects tone is. This app help me a lot with this. I can see the frequency and the note where the wood is resonating and recognizing the limitations it really help me. At least to tune the parts of the instruments at different notes to avoid the high buzz of the instrument at one note.
For me it is more than a strings tuner app. Like it a lot.
Great app, Good price, Wonderful product
I've tuned pianos professionally for several years primarily using TuneLab ($300 app).
I decided to try another tuning app (InsTuner) to see if the cheaper apps could still get the job done.
InsTuner exceeded my expectations! This is a great tuning app! For $4? This app could be professionally sold for much more than that. Great quality for a tuner. Simple and easy to use. Definitely able to get a professional tuning job done.
The only advantage I could see to having TuneLab over this app is that TuneLab has a precision level of 0.02 cents whereas InsTuner has a precision level of 0.1 cents. For 99.9 percent of pianos and instruments that need tuning the 0.1 cents precison level is more than sufficient.
Basically, this is a well-made and accurate app for an incredibly cheap price.
Love it! Best tuner on the app store.
I've used this app for years. It's the best and has always been. Honestly, it's simple, and modern looking, it's accurate and I can use it anywhere. Even when it's loud, I can generally trust it.
I would, however, LOVE an apple watch version. There aren't any apple watch tuners right now and I would simply love one.
- Xanin Technology GmbH
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2014 EUMLab, Xanin Tech. GmbH. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.