Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Ease of use meets power with this new creativity app that combines straightforward animation tools with Disney characters.” – Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award review (v 1.0.0)
“Creativity and imagination are unleashed here as kids are handed the tools that allow their artistic side to shine” – National Parenting Center’s 2013 Seal of Approval review
Pixel art, 8-bit, sprites…whatever you call it, create it with Disney PIXEL'D.
Experience the magic of PIXEL'D, a drawing and animation app that allows you to create amazing, one of a kind pixel art. Create images straight from your imagination or use Disney character pixel stamps to complete your scenes. Experience the joy of seeing your images come to life with an easy frame-by-frame animation system. Export your art to save your best creations. With regular updates and in-app purchases, PIXEL'D is a robust source of entertainment for artists of all ages and abilities.
• 20 frames for creating animations
• 3 drawing layers on the canvas
• Shape tools that make drawing even easier with fully adjustable squares, circles, triangles and more
• Stamps and fill patterns feature a wide range of beloved Disney characters and themes, including Disney Princess, Bolt, Mickey and Friends, Cars, and Vintage Mickey
• In-app purchase options let you buy expanded sets of stamps and fills
Be sure to check out PIXEL'D Plus, everything you love about PIXEL'D, plus a whole lot more
What's New in Version 2.1.0
• New, easier-to-use toolbars
• New, easier-to-use stamp and fill selectors
• New, easier-to-use export menu
• New, easier-to-use canvas settings
• New “pixelate” tool for turning imported photos into pixel masterpieces (requires separate purchase of the Pro Pack)
NOTE: Due to privacy concerns for our younger users, we unfortunately removed the social sharing and buddy draw features present in previous versions of the application. You will still be able to export your images and animations, but you will not be able to share them directly from the app via email or social networks.
This is the best pixel art app for a mobile device ever created! I don't think that they intended to make it for pixel artists but it is great.
One thing that I would ask is please change the size of images that we import to the original size rather than a size that is auto adjusted to fill the canvas
In the end I'd rather just have my 4yr old son draw with some other app. This one is too limiting. It would have been really fun if they had provided some way of including (or adding on) some pre-made animations. That way you can tweak them and show your child how animations are made, instead of having to take all of the time to create your own.
We have an iPad and we try to get on the disney games for art, and it doesn't work so we got this app! Great job!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Walt Disney
- © 2012 Disney
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Combo Expansion Pack #1$1.99
- Disney Princess Expansion Pack$0.99
- PIXEL'D Pro Pack$2.99
- Cars Expansion Pack$0.99
- Combo Expansion Pack #2$1.99
- Mickey and Friends Expansion Pack$0.99
- Where's My Water Expansion Pack$0.99
- Disney Castles Expansion Pack$0.99
- Vintage Mickey Expansion Pack$0.99
- Villains Expansion Pack$0.99