By Kairosoft Co.,Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to an epic RPG world in which the town you build can grow from humble hamlet into a mecca for the land's most ambitious adventurers!
The enterprising warriors that stop by your blossoming burg will defeat monsters and earn you money. Conquering dungeons and clearing out hordes of monsters will bag you loot to stock your shops. And if your hamlet flourishes, adventurers will want to set up house and settle down!
Build training facilities like Combat Schools and Magic Labs to hone your heroic denizens' skills and boost your village's Popularity. The more faces that flock to your cause, the bigger the baddies you can beat!
An all-new "Cauldron" feature also allows you to test your alchemic expertise. Toss items obtained from quests or shops into the Cauldron and your armory might receive a rare addition.
No dungeon is too deep! Make your village the crown estate of this bold RPG narrative!
The game now lets you switch between English and Japanese.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Fixed minor issues.
Hits the formula on the head
Like other Kairosoft titles (I love GameDevStory) this follows a very recognisable formula, with minor tweaks to suit its theme. It's very addictive, and consumes time like few other mobile games. If you like the others, you'll like this. You need only question whether you want to spend the money for what amounts largely to a different theme on your existing game.
There are a few odd things, and a few requests I'd make to take it even further. One is that it allows pinch zooming, but doesn't look very good at any zoom levels other than the standard. Along the same lines, the graphics are a bit fuzzy, generally - obviously pixel-art is the intended style, but there's a general softeness to the rendering that is a little hard on the eyes. It certainly doesn't show off what a Retina display can do.
It also suffers from the same issues as their other titles, where pseudo-random events have disproportionately large impacts, given the compressed time of the game's tasks (quests). For example, having a couple of heroes decide to go shopping instead of questing can lose you half the time of a quest, costing you a big penalty to extend the time, or forcing you to abandon it. Having a way to more directly control your minions might help alleviate this, or else don't count their time spent e.g. shopping against other deadlines.
Awesome game needs more updates
It's a sweet game but needs some stuff added please don't ignore what everyone has been saying in reviews
The updates needed are:
1. Speed gets really slow when u get higher up in the game..please make it so it runs at normal speed like at the start of the game
2. When u beat the game u should make more places to make towns at with new things for ur ppl to kill and new items and stuff. Would be huge if u did that :3
3. Like others have said..make it so u can control ur person and when u don't want to use him cuz u wanna work on your town just have a simple button and u exit that and he will do things freely.
4. New things to build if u make new maps to play on also new weapons :).
5. Make the AI alittle better..they should try to run if they are bout to die and also make a item shop where they can buy hp items to use while fighting so they can have a better chance when the strong monsters start coming out. And the AI's r kinda dumb around town..wish they would buy better armor and swords buy themselves so I wouldn't have to and I'll make new stores but they will never go to some of them no matter what I do.
This is all I have :3 hope u look at this makers and do updates like this little by little to make the game one of the best
Good game for 5 hours
The game is fun for a while but once you get all the upgrades, all the expensive items, and like 15 villagers, it gets pretty boring as there isn't much to do after.
The game is also pretty weird since you need to upgrade your buildings with blankets, cheese, meatballs, women's bras, and other strange items to end up giving you more money when the villagers go into those shops. If you have played, you would understand.
One last thing is the whole present thing. If you want to beat it quick, be sure to give all your villagers the most expensive presents because after a couple battles, they go into those shops and buy the exact same item over and over. Keep them updated with the most expensive items, and you're good to go. Also, you don't need paths connecting to anything, but it adds appeal. I suggest you build your buildings all together, and your houses all together. That way, you can get the price and appeal bonus from the buildings being so close.
All in all, the game was alright. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, since it feels very limited after a certain point. I give it a 6/10. Take it as you will from someone who has had the game for only a day and has already accomplished everything.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 01, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Kairosoft Co.,Ltd
- © (C)KAIROSOFT CO.,LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.