Podcast from iOS, no PC needed.
"A podcasting powerhouse"
"BossJock is certainly one of the best in its category (for me, the Best!). One Killer App!!!"
- Apps4iDevices.com 4/4 Guitars "Killer App"
"...if you podcast on the go, you should adore this app."
- AppSafari 4.5/5 Stars
"My Best in Show"
- Dave Jackson, School of PodCasting .com
"Makes the show an actual performance, not an edit job."
- Sean Duregger (@geekCouch)
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio productions on your iPhone and iPad.
bossjock is not an audio editor or multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in action.
bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record, trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post production.
- Record your voice while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly.
- Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is automatically applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Up to 16 Carts on the iPhone 5 and 35 Carts on the iPad duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions.
- Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Wifi, or AudioPaste from other music apps.
- Advanced Cart editing lets you fine tune playback in and out points on a per cart basis as well as Cart color and behaviors including looping, fades, auto-rewind and ducking.
- Audiobus lets you receive live audio from other Audiobus-compatible apps as a Cart or Mic source or use bossjock studio to feed other Audiobus-compatible recording apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Encodes to all your favorite formats – Mp3, m4a, Wav, Aiff with image and description metadata.
- Exports to FTP for Podcasters, Email for Audioboo via BooMail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Wifi, iTunes Share, and AudioCopy to other apps.
- Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey (audio tests on bossjockstudio.com).
In honor of the "Boss Jocks" who ruled the airwaves in the 60's - bossjock studio is crafted by Libsyn co-founder Dave Mansueto and Ed Filowat, creator of the kilojam audio engine.
Recordings made with bossjock speak for themselves! Listen to it in action on http://bossjockstudio.com
follow us on facebook.com/bossjockapp
and twitter @bossjockapp
This update restores mic activation on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus when recording without headphones.
Magic Tap (Two Finger Double Tap) now triggers the microphone lock when using VoiceOver
SoundCloud exporting has been updated
Audiobus support has been restored
Thank you all for the patience and support.
- the bossjocks
Ratings and Reviews
Best app of it's kind!
This really is the best app for podcasting, or several other kinds of quick audio assembly work. It's got so many features, it's crazy. I found myself using it for things I never expected to. I am an audio engineer and musician, and am used to working with some pretty cool gear. However, there are times when I will just plug my phone in, turn it all the way up, and use this app to play clips and prerecorded segments. Really, if you do any kind of audio work with mobile equipment, you need to have this app.
The only reason I haven't given it five stars, is because of two things I think it should do and it doesn't:
1. You cannot trim the beginning and ends of recordings made in the app. You have to use an outside app to do that, then reimport them, if you have some reason to do it such as removing preshow conversation from an MP3 final. Something simple, like the iOS camera video editing interface, would be sufficient.
2. Every once in a while, it will record absolute silence for no apparent reason. the only solution I know of to make sure this doesn't happen, is to close the app every time you make any kind of audio change, such as plugging-in a new audio device or microphone, or recording a different file or file type.
Best podcasting software out there
Bossjock is THE best podcasting software!! Bar none!. I have used it to make many podcasts. The only thing I hope they would put in there would be an automatic record option. I generally put my podcasts together by filling up each cart with what I want (music, interviews, voiceovers, etc..) then when you go to record you have to press each cart to play it. I wish they would have a feature were it would play each cart in sequence autmomatically while you are recording. That way you can press a button and walk away while it is putting your podcast together. the way it is now, you have to press each cart while you are recording. Some of my podcasts can be 30minutes long. It would be neat if I did not have to sit there and monitor the recording. It would be nice just to have it automatically process all the carts and produce a mp3 automatically for you.
Love this app!!!
I purchased this app for my podcast and absolutely love it. It allows me to produce it like a live radio show, which I much prefer to cramming it all together after the fact. The hot keys and auto mute for the mic make everything so easy and help me put together the best show I can.
What I didn’t expect is how much it would help me in other areas. I DJ a lot of weddings and parties and when I need a lot of pre-produced songs ready at once, the hot key function on this app is awesome. I had a wedding where every person had a different intro song, and this app was a life-saver. I couldn’t recommend it more.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.