TumbleOn - Tumblr App for Images
By Pocket Sized Giraffe, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#1 paid Tumblr app on iPhone! Top 25 in US Social Networking! TumbleOn is the most popular image viewer for Tumblr. This quick and powerful app makes discovering new content and revisiting your favorite Tumblr photo blogs easy. Happily get lost exploring images in this beautiful, native interface.
TumbleOn is great even if you aren't a regular Tumblr user. We built TumbleOn on top of Tumblr because of the amazing images that are constantly posted by the huge community. With TumbleOn, you can view any Tumblr photo blog, even without a Tumblr account. The app features more than 100 hand-picked photo blogs in the "Staff Picks" section to get you started.
What the press is saying
• "...the app is pretty impressive, and if you’ve been looking for a way to browse Tumblr’s photos, look no further than TumbleOn." - The Next Web, 2012
• "TumbleOn to the best of Tumblr photo blogs! If you are a Tumblr fan, and looking for an app that makes it easy to follow your favorite photo blogs (or find new ones), TumbleOn might be just what you have been looking for." - iPhoneLife Magazine, 2012
• "Sometimes an app just really works without you needing to think about it. TumbleOn is one such tool." - Tap! Magazine, 2012
Explore and discover great photos
• Swipe through high resolution pictures from your favorite blogs.
• Find great photo easily by searching with tags (such as our favorite: #business cat).
• Analyze a blog to discover new blogs to follow.
• Log in to Tumblr to see images from your Tumblr dashboard, likes, followers and all of your blogs.
• Bookmark blogs and tags to quickly find them again within the app.
• Create groups of blogs to view several blogs at once.
• Save time by seeing which posts are new since the last time you viewed a blog.
• View your favorite blog, group or tag in slideshow mode (iPad only).
Share your favorite photos, easily
• Share images by reblogging, liking, emailing, or saving them to your device.
• Upload your own great photos from your phone's camera or camera roll.
• Add your own comments and tags to any photo you reblog or post.
• For reblogs and new posts, queue them for later or post immediately.
• Long-press controls from the photo stream allow you to quickly share images.
• Share images with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
More great features
• View animated GIFs and multi-photo sets.
• View captions for posts in Safari or TumbleOn.
• Multi-account with following and follower support.
• Adjust the photo stream row preferences to customize the experience.
• Configurable HD image setting for slow networks.
• Password lock screen protects your privacy.
*NOTE: TumbleOn ONLY shows pictures from a Tumblr blog, so other media types such as text, html, or video posts are hidden in the image viewer.
*NOTE: To save photos to your device, or upload photos to Tumblr, you must grant photos access to TumbleOn in your device's settings app in IOS6+.
TumbleOn is made by Pocket Sized Giraffe, LLC. Pocket Sized Giraffe is a team of 3 based in Austin, Texas. TumbleOn and Pocket Sized Giraffe are not affiliated with Tumblr (the company, or the service).
This application uses the Tumblr application programming interface but is not endorsed or certified by Tumblr, Inc. All of the Tumblr logos and trademarks displayed on this application are the property of Tumblr, Inc.
What's New in Version 3.6.2
Improved share controls ordering.
Great app but need new features!
I like to use this app which is greater than official!
The reason for me is mostly ability to take different kind of blogs into GROUPS.
But I still missing navigation gestures from official app!
First of all remove that annoying 'get-back-to-dashboard-button' from full screen.
We are waiting in the next update for gestures:
• Click on image to full screen, then
Double click to zoom (pinch should work as well to people who likes that way), and then Click or Swipe Up to get back to Dashboard.
In Dashboard: Double Click to LIKE/UNLIKE (will be nice to have this option but not necessary).
• Thumbnails in Dashboard ROWS are poor quality, scaling is bad. Repair that or give us poor/HD option in settings for that.
Some other graphics are scaled bad in the app as well.
• when getting to full screen that 'information arrow tip' should appear only with first use of app, not every time!
• When scrolling pictures in full screen mode, rows should follow in the background, so when we get out of full screen there should be actual position adequate to last picture we seen in full screen.
Great job guys!
We are waiting for big update!
Think i finally found the right one
This has been the better app for tumblr to me. I own them all and ofcourse all have its problems but this one still hasnt cut out on me yet. The interface is awesome; very fluent, its fast and offers everything it should i believe. I cant stand the notification box that pops up up top everytime you reblog or favorite something, it gets in the way and takes too long to go away for me. Also the auto fresh, i would prefer to refresh the page manually because i could go so far into someones blog but come back a short time later and have to start back from the beginning.
So close to perfect!
I love it I love it I love it. I can browse images quickly and easy and it allows a tremendous amount of enjoyment.
My one request: please please allow some copy/saving to reading services like Pocket, Evernote, and such! I'd like to save some of these things, but email really doesn't cut it and copy/paste is rather clunky. Thanks!