iOrnament: draw creative geometry art
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• What users say: "Fantastic ArtScience offering!", "Such a fun, beautiful and relaxing App.", "It's a universe of wonder", "The Best Art App" ...
• 10/10 stars on Musthaveapps.de
• Users' choice in 2015 Tabby Awards
• Third place in Best App Ever Awards
• Global 4.7 stars average rating based on over 2000 ratings
iOrnament combines art and science, creativity and education, math and fun. With iOrnament everyone can be an artist. You draw strokes and iOrnament repeats them according to rules of symmetry. You will create fascinating ornaments and intricate designs. Fun and challenge from ages 3 to 103. Interactive pop-up tutorial and many drawing tips included!
New in Version 2: Dynamic strokes and support for 3D Touch and Apple Pencil.
iOrnament is an app that is designed for drawing ornamental designs that are both artistically and mathematically fascinating. You draw simple strokes and the app repeats them over and over according to the rules of the 17 crystallographic wallpaper groups. By this, fantastic symmetric patterns are created. Kaleidoscope like pictures, tilings, complicated knots and artistic pavements are right at your fingertips. In addition iOrnament contains an interactive pop-up book that explains mathematical backgrounds on the theory of wallpaper groups and a sampler of classical ornaments from ancient cultures.
The design of iOrnament is based on extensive experience in interactive science exhibitions. Children of all ages love it as well as scientifically or artistically interested adults.
• full support of all 17 wallpaper groups
• artistic rainbow color palette and pens
• support for Apple Pencil
• glow pen to add highlights
• English and German language support
• export to photos, e-mail and facebook
• saving, loading and recovering
• extensive collection of tips for usage
• preview of symmetries and fundamental cells
• animated drawing process
• change symmetry type on the fly
• scroll, zoom and rotate
• unlimited undo/redo
• full featured iPhone 5 and iPad versions
• supports Retina Display
• interactive tutorial on math backgrounds
• sampler of classical ornaments
• based on mathematical theory
• supports rosette symmetries
• integration of ornament world exhibition
Via In-App Purchase
• 3D ornaments on spheres
• Escheresque color symmetries
• layers and brushes
• background colors and textures
Further information, example galleries and demo videos at www.science-to-touch.com.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Version 2.0 of iOrnament is major step forward. Hightlighs are:
* Higher internal resolution
* Support for Apple Pencil and 3D Touch
* Dynamic strokes (also without pencil)
* More storage slots
* Completely reworked drawing algorithms
* Full advantage of iOS 9 advanced touch features
And for Pro Upgrade
* Background colors
* Export of transparent layers
To summarize: "A single stroke has never been that expressive"
Pretty awesome...but could be even better
So the idea behind this app is brilliant but for an artist like me who uses this app a lot to make art there can definitely be a few improvements that can be made on the user interface...PLEASE make an auto-save feature!! I just accidentally erased an hour or more worth of work which is incredibly devastating and ruined my creative flow. And that brings me to another point...there should be more options when saving work (that actually work)...the email feature doesn't work, the send title doesn't work (whatever that is supposed to be) and the save and load isn't designed well...when I thought I was overriding my previous save I lost the whole thing. And I think there should be options for saving higher resolutions. Another thing that would be helpful is to be able to add more layers and to add either a eye dropper tool or a feature which allows you to save specific colors and pen properties to go back to when needed. More brushes would be awesome too! But at the very least please add auto-save!!! Those are my only suggestions other than that I love this app and highly recommend buying the pro version!!
Great App. One question.
I've been fiddling with this app for about an hour now and it's provided some great entertainment!
The user interface is a little confusing. And the tips are helpful but there's no good way to search or access specific information.
For instance, there is an animation feature that replays the strokes you've made in chronological order. It plays every time you change ornament groups. It seems to me like there should be a way to turn that feature off. It gets in the way of my creative flow. If anyone knows how to do this and could pass that information along to me it would be greatly appreciated.
Apart from this one issue the app is very engaging and stimulating. I look forward to exploring it more.
I love this app a lot. I've been getting into drawing patterns, mandalas and Zentangles a lot lately and this app turns my doodles into amazing patterns and works of art. I have even uploaded some of my newly created patterns to a couple POD sites that I put my art up on. I'm sure these patterns will make great phone cases and more. One thing that I kinda was hoping for eventually is a higher resolution output as I am still on an iPad Air 2. iPad Pro is definitely in my future but a ways off. Second I was wondering if we could get a smudge brush. That would be great for blending and smoothing color transitions. Overall, excellent app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 18, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Juergen Richter-Gebert
- © Jürgen Richter-Gebert
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$0.99