Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 55.0.2883.79
• You can swipe down or right from the iOS Home screen to search. Searching for "voice" or "incognito" enables you to start Chrome in Voice Search mode or in a new Incognito Tab, respectively. Please note that the appearance of items in Spotlight Search will only work for devices that support Spotlight Actions.
• By popular request, the folder named "All Bookmarks" has been removed from the Bookmarks view. You can access all your other devices’ Bookmarks by clicking on the other folders.
Plagued with issues
I rarely write any review, but when i do, it means that the product is too frustrating to use or too useless to handle.
This Google app to be fair is not a bad app. It's quick in loading data and friendly in design. However there are still some issues that decimates my positive experience with this app to substantially. For an example: the app is too SENSITIVE the moment i sweep my finger over ads on the news; it automatically redirect me to the ads (8/10 attemps). i try to cancel the loading process but instead of activating the cancel button ( symbol x in most other browsers) on the address bar, it turned out to be the closing-tab button and as a result i have to enter the website address and look for the previous article all over again. What a confusing stupidity. Keep in mind that your browser is not the only one out there. I, for an instance use different browsers for different purposes: operal for storing crucial websites, safari for security purposes, and Google chrome for entertainment. Be sensible when you make new product
And what is the difference between this Google app and Google chrome ?
Crashes all the time
In addition to my comments below, a new problem began while I was still running iOS 10.1 on my iPhone 6 (when the iPhone started nagging me to upgrade to 10.2) where Chrome would just lock up. This happened to the point where it was just unusable. So now that the holidays are over I upgraded my phone to iOS 10.2, and upgraded all my apps, and Chrome just crashes every time. So I am giving it one star. It used to be my go-to browser under iOS, what happened? It feels like either Google is penalizing me for using an iPhone or Apple is punishing me for using a Google product - either way I am quickly becoming turned off to both companies and their petty squabbles. Work together already or I might try Microsoft!
My earlier comments still hold:
1. 80% of the time if you try to select text, the page freezes, and no amount of reloading fixes it - you have no choice but to open a new tab. This bug is forcing me to resort to Safari (when I try starting Mercury and Atomic Web, my other standbys, iOS warns they are not iOS 10 compatible)
2. Google would you please add an easily accessible "speak this page" button? Having to select the text on the page using Apple's abyssmal touchscreen UI is like trying to prepare an omlet wearing oven mitts
3. Along those lines, would Google please add a "select all" option to long-clicking a page, so you can copy everything to the clipboard (ditto above on the horrors of text selection in this UI)
Sign in ONCE. ONLY ONCE. I JUST WANT TO SEARCH IN PEACE
Why? Why? Why?
Why am I forced to sign in to my account whenever I want to search something on Google. I understand there's a google search app (that I also have) but I'm not going to get out of one app to get into another that is essentially the same thing.
I have never written a review for an app because my issues with a product have never gotten in the way of my experience. Usually these issues are patched out anyway.
It's such a small thing and really I shouldn't care but for the love of basic etiquette let me sign in once on the app and leave me alone.
If I want to search something and I'm signed in already don't ask me to pick which account I want to search it under or if I want to open an incognito window (there's a button for that already).
If this persists I just won't use my google account for chrome or delete it and go back to safari which is a shame since I've used chrome since it became available on iOS and was a Day 1 adopter on my PC.
It isn't fair, it isn't right.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 05, 2016
- Version: 55.0.2883.79
- Size: 98.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.