Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 54.0.2840.91
• Fixes bookmark icons not displaying correctly
• Fixes phone number detection issues in web pages
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Quit refreshing my tabs!! This wasn't happening a month ago. Now every time I leave the app for 10 seconds (still running in the background) and then come back to a perpetual scrolling page that I've taken minutes to scroll down to where I want to be, nothing enrages me more than having to do that every time I come back to the tab. I have no more than 3 tabs open and this phone has 3 gigs of ram running a very efficient OS. USE IT!
Update: seems to be better. My web pages aren't refreshing every 2 minutes or every time I minimize the app. It's the simple things ya know....
Why did you change?
This used to be my favorite app, however with the updates, I am getting annoyed. 1) stop refreshing my tabs. When I click out and click back in, I want the tab to just be there. Not have to wait for it to reload; when I am underground this is the most annoying. 2) Why are you not linked to gmail anymore? I HATE safari and was using google chrome instead but now, when I click on something in gmail, it takes me to safari. NO. I really don't want that.
Other than that, the app is great and I use it for everything.
Buggy, freezes when selecting text
1. 80% of the time if you try to select text, the page freezes, and no amount of reloading fixes it - you have no choice but to open a new tab. This bug is forcing me to resort to Safari (when I try starting Mercury and Atomic Web, my other standbys, iOS warns they are not iOS 10 compatible)
2. Google would you please add an easily accessible "speak this page" button? Having to select the text on the page using Apple's abyssmal touchscreen UI is like trying to prepare an omlet wearing oven mitts
3. Along those lines, would Google please add a "select all" option to long-clicking a page, so you can copy everything to the clipboard (ditto above on the horrors of text selection in this UI)
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 54.0.2840.91
- Size: 98.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.