Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 42.0.2311.47
• Start searching and browsing faster: quick access to Voice Search and open new tabs from the Today View
• Ergonomically-designed: Pull to reload and open/close tabs
• Support for iOS App Extensions, such as 1Password and LastPass
• Easily open links copied from other apps
I love google but chrome needs to fix some issues
I have been a huge user and advocate for google, until recently. Google chrome has been letting me down for 2 major reasons both relating to pop-ups and chromes inability to block the majority of them. #1 is with Google images: when I scroll through to see my searched image, I will randomly get a pop up of one of the random images within 5 seconds, in which I have to X out of it only for another image to randomly pup up again - making it impossible to just scroll through and see the various images like I've always been able to in the past. #2 is how random websites will auto direct you to the App Store or auto direct you to another website even without clicking on an advertisement (basically a pop-up). This is ridiculous considering that there are even pop-up blocker settings for chrome, which I have verified are correctly activated, yet the pop-up blocker does not work.
Please fix these 2 major issues, I really don't want to have to consider switching to Safari.
I was a champion of the Chrome app when it was first released but this latest version has completely let me down. I have a feeling that Google just doesn't care about this product because it's for iOS. Constantly crashes for what I can tell is no apparent reason. SLOW is the only word I can think to call this browser, Google must be data mining the heck out of browsing habits to have such frequent issues. I've had enough and have moved to one of the dedicated iOS browsing apps out there.
Take a look at Dolphin or Mercury browser, they're not slowing me down and I've yet to see one crash while performing equal amount of browsing. Yes, the controls are a little different but I found myself easily adjusting within one day. These are dedicated browsers made for iOS, so not data mining devices to slow down browsing speeds. Also, I've found that any extension that is Safari compatible also works for these two. Trust me, I rarely leave reviews but save yourself the headache and ditch this app.
Keeps improving all the time, but not perfect.
I use Chrome as my primary browser on three desktop platforms so I've been using it here on iOS for a while. I'm pleased that Google Chrome continues to improve and make my user experience better. The addition of password manager support in the latest update is most welcome. That was my biggest annoyance before, and the new "pull to reload" gestures are also a great improvement.
Overall though, the syncing experience is great and I appreciate other apps that let me "open in Chrome."
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 42.0.2311.47
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.