Business Card Reader HD
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant business card recognition right on your iPad! Import contact information from a business card directly to your iPad address book.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff -- anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information -- Business Card Reader provides a time and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and corrected.
- Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
- Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, websites
- Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly.
- Anti-shake image capture
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Make sure the camera is focused on the business card.
4. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Tap the screen to take the picture.
6. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
7. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
• iOS 4 and later
• Works best on the iPad with autofocus
• On original iPad and iPad 2 the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 2.2.6
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great Concept. Does NOT function.
I was very excited about this app, however upon trying to scan several business cards and connect with LinkedIn I find that the LinkedIn connection does not work at all. I am unable to login despite entering the correct information. This app is useless until this is corrected. Also the scan is somewhat lower quality than the camera app provided by the native.
I want a refund. This is highway robbery.
I agree with item number 5
I save the card on card hold but when I try to open the card holder the app close itself.
You must return my money also, since some people are having the same issue and your app are not working.
App Store must be responsible for this since from Jan to today you have the problem and still not solved. You are lying in to your add.I will complain in department of consumer protection.
NOT WORTH IT
This app does not translate the business card to text well @ all. It comes across horrible and with lots of incorrect information. I can enter the info in faster by typing it rather than taking a picture and having to correct every text field.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 13, 2013
- Version: 2.2.6
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2012 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.