Office Mobile for Office 365 subscribers
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Please note: Office Mobile for iPhone requires a qualifying Office 365 subscription. (See requirements below.)
Microsoft Office Mobile is the official Office companion optimized for your iPhone. You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
* Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.**
* Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
* Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office documents look stunning:
* Great-Looking Documents - Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
* Optimized for phone - Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
* Resume Reading - When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
* Presentation Views - The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share:
* Edit - You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
* Documents Remain Intact - Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
* Edit While Offline - Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
* Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
* Comments - You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
* Share - When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
* A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to use this app. Qualifying plans include:
- Office 365 Home Premium
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4 (Enterprise and Government)
- Office 365 Education A3 and A4
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 University
- Office 365 trial subscriptions
NOTE: If you don’t have an Office 365 subscription you can buy Office 365 Home Premium right from the app. With Office 365 Home Premium, you also get the latest version of Office for up to 5 PCs, Macs, and Windows tablets - and an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage and Skype world minutes***.
* Compatible with iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, iPod touch 5th Generation (32 GB or higher only). Requires iOS 6.1 or later.
***SkyDrive storage and Skype world minutes are not available in all markets.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
This is the best productivity app I have found. It does everything that I want and need to do without any problems. For the price of $9.99 a month for all that is offered on a mobile device and on a desktop is well worth the money. This bundle of apps allows me to do whatever I want without having to have several apps from different companies. I ended up deleting the other apps since this app had the features that I needed and a lot more. Also, other apps that claim to save files in Microsoft Word or Excel format do not use a complete file format stucture that Microsoft uses. I had problems with this with third party apps where the files would not open when opened in another third-party program for Microsoft Word or Excel. I like the way that this app keeps the files synced on the desktop and on mobile devices. I had this problem with other apps or this feature was not supported. I would have rated this app with six stars, but there are only five. Very satisified with this product, the mobile version and the desktop version since they are designed to work together.
Struggling to find the good
I've tried many apps over the years, and this is close to the most useless app I've ever encountered. When creating a new document, my only choices Word, Excel, or a few templates. Assuming I can live with that, once I start a new Word document it seems no options exist other than basic text input. Where's the ability to create bullets...numbered list, insert pictures. In other words, where's the functionality? I don't expect full desktop features, but really...I have more functionality creating a text message on my phone than I do in this app. Granted it may be better when editing an existing document but that's quite limiting for a solution that claims support across multiple platforms. I had no trouble accessing my 365 account, but the only cloud support is Skydrive. If the mobile app is going to be this useless, then at least offer other cloud options so I can use an app like DocsToGo, which actually gives you tons more features and ability in the app. Very disappointed at how uselessness of this app. Is a "No Star" rating possible? If ever there was an app that deserved no stars, this is it.
Seems to work great
Not sure what all the hubbub is about below; followed the instructions (logged into subscription, sent text message link to apps, signed into apps) and everything is working great. Pretty cool how it is immediately linked to my personal and professional skydrive accounts as well as my Sharepoint system.
The editing functionality is pretty full featured as well. Not going to be able to edit as quickly as on a traditional computer but great when I'm at a branch office and need to update a master list with an updated password or notes on my time or even quickly edit a document that needs to be sent out.
Maybe people need to try this one more time with the latest version?
-Pleased IT Admin
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 21, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Home Premium$99.99
- Office 365 Home Premium$79.99
- Office 365 Home Premium$109.99