By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Watch thousands of live sporting events airing on NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, and more, LIVE with the NBC Sports app. Download now on your iOS device.
DEDICATED BRAND EXPERIENCES:
• NBC Sports
• Golf Channel
• Olympic Channel
STREAM LIVE EVENTS INCLUDING:
• NFL Sunday Night Football and Thursday Night Football
• NHL Regular Season and Stanley Cup Playoffs
• PGA Tour
• Premier League (soccer)
• NASCAR Monster Energy and Xfinity Series races
• Formula 1 (F1)
• French Open (tennis)
• Indy Car
• Triple Crown (Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes)
• NBA: 76ers, Bulls, Celtics, Kings, Warriors, and Wizards
• NHL: Blackhawks, Capitals, Flyers, and Sharks
• MLB: Athletics, Cubs, Giants, Mets, Phillies, and White Sox
Sign in with your TV provider username and password to watch your favorite
sports anytime, anywhere, on any screen with the NBC Sports app.
• Live Events: Watch marquee NBC Sports events LIVE!
• Video on Demand: Access video clips, preview upcoming events, and check out highlights from past events
• Online coverage schedule: Browse the online schedule
• Full Event Replays: Re-live all the great moments with full event replays
• Push Notifications: Receive reminder alerts for upcoming events
• Alternate camera angles, synchronized statistics, and extra content available for some events
FULL AIRPLAY SUPPORT:
Stream your favorite shows to your TV or monitor using AirPlay.
NBC Sports is proud to offer closed captioning support on shows with a “CC” icon in the player controls. Just touch to enable.
The vast majority of live streaming content on the NBC Sports app will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. Further instructions are provided in the app settings section.
NBC Sports video is only accessible in the USA and certain U.S. territories. The application requires a 3G, 4G, LTE or WiFi network data connection. Watching video over a 3G or 4G connection may affect your wireless data plan. Data charges may apply. The video quality will adapt based on your data connection. Access to the NBC Sports app’s live video is determined by your TV provider and package, and in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to NBC Sports live video:
• AT&T U-verse
• Comcast XFINITY
• Time Warner Cable
• Verizon FiOS TV
• Plus many more providers
This app features Nielsen proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about our digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
What's New in Version 5.7
Bug fixes and optimizations
Better than nothing, but not great
Use this to watch NBC Sports Philly broadcasts of the Sixers and Flyers out of market. The good part is that it’s free as long as you have a cable provider, and the app is easy to navigate and is Chromecast compatible.
The bad: first and foremost is the cutting to commercials while the broadcast is going. Usually after play is over it’s a little quick, but sometimes it inexplicably cuts to commercial DURING PLAY. Awful. Missed the end of a game once because of it. Though technically not the app itself, since it also happens online on a computer, it’s still all controlled from the same place.
The app itself, on both iPhone and iPad, glitches in forgetting that I’ve logged in before. Sometimes will give me a warning saying the game is blacked out in my area because it for some reason reverted my subscription to LA based on my actual location.
Lastly, the controls with Chromecast are pretty lagging as well.
Overall, you should get it to have some ability to see your own games out of market, but don’t expect a great experience.
I only use the app to watch hockey. When I watch the games I can barely go two minutes before the video will either freeze, quickly rewind to earlier in the game, or pop up the default add that automatically starts whenever you first start watching something. Twice in one period it froze, automatically went to the default Southwest Airlines ad. Then, after I sat through the ad it took me to the intermission report, when it was supposed to be in the middle of the period. I tried to click the go live button, but it would take me to another random part of the game. I ended up quitting the app and just listening to the game on another app instead.
An absolute joke...
1) Feed constantly drops out, on average 7-10 times a game.
2) Only way to reestablish connection is to close app and reopen, forcing you to watch the same Honda adds over and over again before getting back to the game.
3) In addition to the 7-10 times the connection is completely dropped, there's another half dozen times per game at least where the connection slows and then freezes for ten to twenty seconds. When it finally starts to play again it's at the point where the signal initially started to slow, and hitting the live button in the lower right corner only brings back the mandatory commercial break. Had this happen countless times at crucial points in games.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes