Scout Progress Tracker
By JDP, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
I thought of this as a goal while at Wood badge training for scout leadership. At the time there wasn't anything on iTunes like it and so I scoped out the application and started the process of creation.
I believe it can help Scouts, Scout leadership, and Scout parents to understand the next action items the Scout needs to do to earn his next advancement.
If you think someone would like this application, please feel free to share with them.
- As many scouts as you want to enter
- Individual boy advancement tracking
- Adding merit badges for an individual scout
- Individual scout report saying what they still need to do
- Individual scouts accomplishments email.
- Group reports for age, rank, and merit badges. You can drill down in the reports to actually see which scout is what rank and then modify their record.
- Emails for scout committee meeting where it emails progress for any time frame you select.
- Email for individual scouts and group scouts
- Sharing data between devices that both have the application. (bluetooth or wifi)
- Adding merit badges in mass... if a bunch of scouts earn the same merit badge it allows you to select what scouts and what badge to assign.
- The ability to modify a completion date or reset it to incomplete.
- The ability to export to CSV. (Keep a backup in Excel)
- Add group advancements. (This one allows you to mark advancement requirements complete for large groups regardless of where a scout is. So a tenderfoot can complete a 1st class requirement. It will mark it as complete... with that said, you can’t view it till they have earned their 2nd class.)
- Dates on email reports
What's New in Version 2.1
Eagle Merit badges color change - Usually merit badges are green with a date if complete or blue saying "complete?". The change is that for eagle required badges if hiking is complete then swimming and cycling would show as yellow... to indicate they are not required since one of them has been earned.
New Eagle Requirements - Sustainability & Cooking
New Merit Badges -
•Mining in Society
•Signs, Signals, and Codes
•Search and Rescue
*Please take the time to rank the App 5 stars in the App Store!
** Feature a lot of people miss. In Troop Info, all those graphs are filters. Click the graph!
Awesome & Simple
I have used Scout Progress for about a year. I currently track 20 boys. This program is perfect and not overly detailed making it simple and fast. I simply love this application!! Our district has advised other programs which tend to be more detailed, however, these programs take more time. I don't have that kind of time. I love fast and simple with the reliability of the company to keep me updated on important changes (such as Eagle requirements and new or deleted merit badges). I would bet my Scout pay :-) that if you try this Ap you will love it.
Encouraging My Troop to Use
Our troop has used one tracking software for a long time, but it doesn't provide the mobility that this app does.
The ability to email progress reports to parents and scouts is one of my favorite features. I can also use this feature to send regular updates to our advancement coordinator for easy integration with our existing software.
Great app! Hoping to get my whole troop and parents on board soon!
Easy to Use and Track
Finally an app that helps me keep all this organized! It's a lot easier for me to update the Scouts info on my phone instead of remembering where I put the book. Fantastic app to help me keep everything together. Also enjoy that I can email progress to parents so they can support and encourage their Scout
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joel Pettigrew
- © 2012JDP, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.