By VariaMedia GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A brief history of everything ever.
littleBIG History is a revolutionary interactive timeline that lets you explore world history on an unprecedented scale - from the first miliseconds after big bang to the present and beyond.
It places humanity in the large context of cosmos, earth and evolution of life.
* Cosmos: Big bang, formation of elements, stars, galaxies and the future of our universe
* Earth: Ice ages, Impact events
* Life: Tree of life, evolution of man
* Humanity: Empires, Wars, Disasters, Discoveries, Inventions, Space exploration, Achievements and Culture
* Content: More then 90 categories, 700 images and 1300+ events
Organized along a timeline, users can browse across history starting from the big bang onwards up to the modern age, and follow the life span of people who shaped the world as we find it now. With data filed in categories such as cosmos, earth life, and humanity, users can go for the ‘big picture’ or filter the data according to their topic of interest. Tags and a reference file enable more specific searches.
The scale of the timeline adapts according to the area viewed, further orientation provides an additional bar that shows the currently screened sketch within a larger timeframe.
The app can be used independent of an internet connection; however the biggest asset of LittleBIG History is the natural feel and hassle free browsing. The interface convinces with its user friendly design, and a specifically developed data retrieval system allows rapid, smooth and friction free navigation.
Our team is heavily adding and updating the core database. Better description, more images and a huge amount of new facts. Grow with us and stay tuned.
What's New in Version 1.1.87
- user could report inaccurate event description
- socials added
- improved ui/ux
- minor bugfixes
- database update
Good but simple features missing
Great tool but those features should be added to make it more useful. Here are a list of thing that are missing, sadly:
- search should be better. Very poor engine. It should allow to find every single word in their database. Typing a date or year should lead to the place on timeline...I tried to search few dates from French history (say the easiest one : 1515 Marignan ! With no success).
- filters on keywords : typing a country should for example trim thing down to only this country. Typing any keyword should also do the same: keep only things that contain this word anywhere in the data... Filter according to wildcarding/regexp would rock ;-)
- personal notes and events ! What if I wanted to add events that are important to me ? What if I wanted to add some dates that my son is studiyng at school so that he'd get a broad perception of his work ?
- custom color coding and bookmarks ! The whole point of history is that one might be interested in specific things and find them back as fast as possible...
All of these features are not available and should be there.
I think this app is a great start, but misses few options that would make it very flexible and customizable. I hope the developers read reviews ;-)
Very interesting. I like it a lot. It's great to put history into a tangible perspective, not isolated events, to put major events and eras in a big picture historical context. Starting with the Big Bang no less.
I don't get the criticism. Good grief. It's an app with a general overview, basic info to peruse - not a searchable reference, detailed textbook or workbook for notes. It has plenty to view. If you are looking for very specific info or events - Google it! Get out a piece of paper, or note app.
As for "disorganized", I don't get that. It's a timeline. I can see and follow it just fine.
I am only beginning to explore this stunning app. I have wished for charts like this (I had a fold-out of world civilizations I loved) forever. All charts in the same screen to compare concurrently is a dream come true! What an educational tool. Elegantly realized and joy to use.
I don't remember what I paid for it due to Apple's INSANE practice of replacing the price with "Download" or "Open" but it was well worth it. I'd gift it to friends except that Apple can't seem to figure that trick out.
Destined to be one of my Great Apps! Get it!!