By Chronos Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★ Special $4.99 Limited Time Price — 75% Off Regular Price★
Spotlife puts your calendar directly on your desktop and is the fastest, easiest way to focus on the important happenings in your life. Its innovative and patent-pending Center Stage feature will instantly zoom the Desktop Calendar above all other windows and bring your life into the spotlight.
Spotlife displays your local calendars stored in Calendar (formerly iCal), and it also works with cloud-based services like iCloud, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar, fruux, and other CalDAV servers. Spotlife does provide calendar editing features. Instead, you simply continue to use the application or web service of your choice to edit your calendars.
THE DESKTOP CALENDAR
• Agenda, Day, Week, & Month views
• Supports events and tasks
• Option to hide completed/cancelled tasks
• Adjust size and location of the Desktop Calendar
• Week view shows from 2 to 14 days at a time
• Agenda view shows from 1 to 20 days at a time
• Next, Previous, and Today navigation keyboard shortcuts
• Customize appearance of calendar views (colors, fonts, grid style, & more)
• 5 built-in themes
• Multiple screen support
• Works with local calendars
• Works with CalDAV servers
• One-step iCloud setup
• One-step Google Calendar setup
• One-step Yahoo! Calendar setup
• One-step fruux setup
• Turn ON/OFF individual calendars
• Center Stage: zooms Desktop Calendar above other windows
• Customizable Center Stage keyboard shortcut
• Access key features from the menu bar icon
• Customizable calendar work week
• Customizable start week day
• Enhanced for Retina displays
Spotlife is the most powerful desktop calendar for OS X. It literally helps you put your life in the spotlight.
What's New in Version 1.0.8
• Added OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) compatibility
• Added new modern/clean look for events/tasks
• Added preference to control whether the Desktop Calendar appears in all spaces or the default behavior
• Fixed problem where the first day of a repeating event was incorrectly displayed when it was also excluded
Lots of Crashing
Love the concept of this app, set it all up and it displays my several calendars very nicely. However I don’t like the fact that since I use a laptop I am always opening and closing, it seems to go away every time I close the laptop, even though I have “automatically launch at start” or whatever that choice is selected. I’m sure it works when rebooting but doesn’t seem like the app will stay open through closing and reopening my laptop, which I do many many times per day.
Additionally, it is crashing very often. I really would like a refund as this is not usable.
Looks perfect, backend programming a little off.
The calendar works as I wanted it to on the desktop. It has some trouble syncing with my online calendar from google though. In order to get it to sync, I had to remove and then add my account again. A small labor takes the convenience away from a $5 app like this. It could use more integration with the default system as well(with Calendar).
Conclusion: Apps that don’t work but look nice aren’t worth $5, I would not pay for it again.
What’s going on? All my events has disappeared from my desktop calendar. Second time this has happened and the account to the calendar does not show in my preferences.
Apple will not help or support because this is a third party software.
I give up on this. Too bad I can’t give it 0 stars for being non-functional.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2013
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chronos LLC
- © 2012 Chronos Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor