By differential enterprises
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote shutter release, remote light control, and remote streaming video viewfinder for 2 iDevices within Bluetooth or WiFi range of each other (short range). Automatic sync of 2 iDevices over Bluetooth or WiFi (no separate app password required). App is bi-directional; either device can be used as remote control for the other.
A cellular data plan is not required. The images and control does not go thru a server but direct device-to-device.
Now supports auto focus, auto brightness, auto white balance, and low light mode (when available on a device) when taking pics. All of these features are on by default.
Also can control camera light on/off remotely. Note: the light control is the "always on" light mode, not the flash mode. We figured that if it was dark, you would need to light up the scene so you could see it over the remote. Can also run on iPad in compatibility mode (e.g. small sized or at 2x magnification).
Note: if you have a WiFi tethering plan on one of your iDevices, you can tether one iDevice to the other (in the normal way via WiFi) before running this app, and RSRCam will have faster video feed response than when running it over Bluetooth.
1. Install this app on 2 iOS devices.
2. Turn on Bluetooth, both devices:
Go to the Settings app / General / Bluetooth / On. You may have to follow the ordinary iOS Bluetooth device pairing instructions if you hadn't paired these 2 devices before.
(Optionally: tether the devices via WiFi using ordinary iOS methods).
3. Launch apps.
4. Set upper left switch to Camera on 1 app; Remote on other app.
5. Apps may take a few seconds to sync up using radio waves.
6. Remote range is about 10 to 15 meters depending on conditions.
7. From the remote app, you can see what the other phone's camera sees, and switch the camera light on/off.
8. Snap a picture with the Remote Pic button on the remote side. The picture will be taken and stored on the Camera side at Full resolution (not low quality preview image quality).
9. Note: buttons are active on the camera side too, just in case. Note Local Pic button when upper left switch is set to Camera. Pressing this will take a picture on the local device, not on the remote.
10. Works with the main high resolution camera only, not the camera that points toward the user of the phone.
11. This is not a generic remote shutter release for non-Apple SLR cameras. Will only work with iPhones, iPods, iPads.
12. Automatically allows low light photos if cam side of app supports this (e.g. iPhone5+).
13. The iOS device functioning as the remote need not have a camera.
14. Preview image is of reduced quality for better video speed over Bluetooth, and is mainly for lining up the shot.
15. Use Relink button to re-connect the 2 apps if they somehow become disconnected. Press Relink on 1 device and if it doesn't resync in a few seconds, press Relink also on the other device.
If you have trouble connecting remotely:
Shut off WiFi on both devices if you are in a passworded WiFi area. Password on WiFi can confuse the connection.
If you have more trouble connecting, exit both apps and re-start them.
The app works across unpassworded local WiFi as well, with faster response of viewfinder picture.
* Go to the Settings app / General / Bluetooth / On.
You may have to follow the ordinary iOS Bluetooth device pairing instructions if you hadn't paired these 2 devices before.
What's New in Version 1.1
Add low light boost on the cam side of app where available (e.g. iPhone5 and up).
Fix bug noted on iPhone5+ / iOS7: remote images were being saved too dark. Wait for auto brightness and auto focus to refine themselves before saving the high quality remote snapshot.
Fix bug of the app saving a low res snapshot sometimes on iOS7.
Improve speed of video preview stream over Bluetooth wireless.
Fix occasional lockup of video feedback stream after taking a remote camera shot.
Fix memory leak which may cause the app to crash after several high res pics are taken.
Change snapshot button wording to say when you are taking a shot on the "remote" app or on the "local" app.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 01, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: differential enterprises
- © 2013 differential enterprises
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.