Hurricane by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of the top 6 hurricane tracking apps - CNN**
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after the storm, even if no data connectivity.
• Track the path of a hurricane with our interactive storm tracker displaying where the app has been and where it’s predicted to go.
• Monitor, hurricane, flood & tornado-related weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with various map layers and location-based notifications for the U.S. and its territories.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
• Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
What's New in Version 3.4
We've made improvements to our content delivery in case we ever need to deliver urgent updates to the app content.
The hurricane App use to work pretty well, but lately it fails to load alert, and just now the app failed to open under "rate app." Was forced to enter feedback under reviews.
Out of date & worthless
The preparedness information is out of date and this app does nothing. It's not interactive like 99% of the hurricane apps out there and appears to have been done by someone with less that a sixth grade education under American standards.
4 notifications that a flood watch ended???
this is really dumb: they sent me 4 alerts in a row, late at night, to tell me that a flood watch was being downgraded. Time to dump a useless app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 54.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.