By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free for a limited time!*
Inkist lets you paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus, Adonit Jot Touch, Pogo Connect, and Hex3 JaJa.
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4), Pogo Connect, and Intuos Creative Stylus.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Import/export PNG, PSD (Photoshop), and proprietary ISImage file formats (PSD compatibility limitations listed below)
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048x2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
• Layers are supported, but layer settings (blend modes, transparency settings) are not
• Layers above the bottom three layers will be flattened into the top Inkist layer
• Inkist may have trouble opening images significantly larger than Inkist's maximum canvas size
Screenshot artwork generously provided by:
1st: Ray Dillon: http://raydillon.com
2nd: iPad Creator: http://necojarashi.blogspot.com
*Inkist is free while addressing some of the concerns of users, most notably the lag that may be present depending on device and brush used.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes issues with Adonit Jot Touch BT4
• Updates support for Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
I use this app all the time and I love it. It's not perfect, however. I wish it had auto-save, because sometimes it crashes and then you loose everything you've done since you last saved. I also wish that when you're blending colors, it doesn't make them brighter. Maybe that's just me. But overall, great app!
Toolbar should have a size lock
Buggy undo while mirroring
Gestures are useless and need to be more effective and simple
Need smudge or something like dry brush
Gonna be great without crashes and lags
I bought the Adont Jot Touch and I was very excited to use the palm rejection feature.. Not only did it disappoint but I'm really disgusted with the amount of jitter all of the brushes have, rather it be from the pen or something else.. It's ridiculous and I don't suggest this app to anyone.. I have procreate.. Much, much better. No jitter.. Just over all a better app for drawing or stretching.. Maybe a better version will come out.. Maybe.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 27, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.