Textastic Code Editor for iPhone
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor supporting syntax highlighting of over 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for html and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Over USB via iTunes File Sharing
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, and Dropbox
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 4.4.1
• Improved startup time.
• Selected text can now be surrounded with parentheses by pressing "(". This also works with quotes, brackets and other character pairs. Which pairs work depends on the currently selected syntax definition.
• iOS 7 compatibility fixes and some other minor bug fixes
Also have a look at Textastic on the Mac App Store!
Perfect Editing across all iOS/OSX devices
A solid, robust text editor with full iCloud sync makes it easy to write on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Multiple syntax support and markdown preview makes this perfect for drafting content on the go for publishing. I use a dozen editors, from Visual Studio, through Sublime Text, and this one is my go to mobile solution.
If only it could open GitHub repos. :)
Excellent, but a few bugs persist
1. Cocoa Touch error -4 occurs when deleting a folder from local storage and pressing the globe to go to FTP view (reproducible)
2. Need to have the ability to create new files and upload them to FTP, or duplicate existing files into different FTP directories
3. Selecting text is difficult (hard to "grab" the blue markers correctly)
Otherwise this is my go-to app for coding on the go. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger and download this now.
Full Featured Editor
One of my favorite apps. Great Markdown editing and preview. One of the few that supports TextExpander Touch 2 fill in snippets. Also great Mac version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2013
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2013 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.