Textastic Code Editor for iPhone
By Alexander Blach
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor supporting syntax highlighting of over 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for html and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Over USB via iTunes File Sharing
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, and Dropbox
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
What's New in Version 5.2.1
• added Menlo font
• additional keys were not displayed in find/replace
• .htaccess files are now properly recognized as Apache files
• improved the behavior when many files are present in an iCloud folder
• other bug fixes
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
I love it!
You could feasibly write your entire website from your iPhone. The ability to log into my sites from a mobile device and get real work done is invaluable.
Great (maybe the best) text editor and SFTP tool.
This may be the best FTP and text editing tool for iOS. I have had it for a long time now and it keeps getting better!
This is the best app I've used that allows you to get some 'real' work done on an iOS device!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: Alexander Blach
- © 2010-2015 Alexander Blach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.