TeX Writer - LaTeX Editor and Compiler
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Writing and compiling TeX files on the go. No internet connection needed.
FULL TeX/LaTeX SUPPORT
- Supports both plain TeX and LaTeX, output PDF;
- Fast compiler optimized for iOS devices;
- On-demand package auto downloader, including big packages like beamer;
- Integrated BibTeX/MakeIndex;
DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, innovative text selection, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands.
- LaTeX-aware spell checking (optional in settings)
- Handy image preview for inserting graphics;
- Support "Paste" images into editor
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
- Dropbox real time syncing, with file comparison and manual conflict resolution
- PDF export/email
HOW TO GET HELP
- Visit texwriterapp.com for user guide, and templates for russian, chinese, japanese.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send bug report and feature requests.
- Or directly talk to @litchiedev on Twitter.
What's New in Version 2.8.4
Support "%!TEX root=master-file.tex"
Need to reopen the file. The master file can be in different folder, and in that case can be specified using relative path: "../main.tex".
from a long way through computing
I have been "computing" since quite a while (hint: >= paper tapes). Now I am sitting here looking at my compiled pfd of a 44 page Latex opus with lots of references and graphics - and I just did it by touching an icon in this little application Tex Writer running on my iPhone. It is not so that I did not keep up-to-date on all the computing changes and technologies. Quite the opposite. Still, I wonder and feel happy, when I see the clean - so rapidly produced - documents from Tex Writer - my macro customizations not with-standing. The developer has done a superb job of letting me work whenever and wherever I feel the lights blinking. BTW: This app integrates well with results out of Wolfram Alpha. Thank you.
One of the best apps
This is the last missing piece I needed to use my iPad Pro as my daily driver to replace my laptop. Now I can pretty much do everything I need to do on my iPad Pro. This app is very well designed and functioning rather smoothly. I haven't had any issues with it.
One great feature that could be added is iCloud syncing, or at least file sharing between iCloud Drive. Hope to see that in later updates.
Very nice interface, might improve Cloud usage
This is a very well-thought program. The one issue I 'm facing is that it doesn't sync well with Dropbox except one way (if I modify files in TexWriter all is well, but if I modify files in my Dropbox folder on my desktop then TexWriter doesn't see the changes). Also, integration with other cloud services like OneDrive,iCloud, Google Drive etc. would be nice.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 17, 2016
- Version: 2.8.4
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2012-2016, Chaoji Li.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.