Read & Rhyme: Joe Has a Sore Toe | An interactive, rhyming story for toddlers and kids that teaches compassion and friendship as well as the long o vowel sound and common sight words.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Topics include compassion, friendship, and mean/nice people. Children learn rhyming, the long o vowel sound, and sight words.
Read & Rhyme: Joe Has a Sore Toe is one of six interactive books in David Hollaway's Witty Bitty Bunch series. In the story Joe has to find someone to heal his sore toe. Who will it be? Moe the Enormous Elephant, Jim the Crabby Crow, or Dr House the Magnificent Mouse? Download this funny story about the nicest lion in Witty Bitty City! Parents, teachers, and children all love Joe Has a Sore Toe for its rhythm, rhyming, engaging characters, and vibrant illustrations.
The story is intended to teach children the value of helping and friendship. It will also aid in developing reading fluency. It's a great story for bed time and fun time reading.
* Read - The reader can read the story
* Watch - The reader can watch the fully animated story. This option is beneficial for younger or struggling readers
* Vocabulary – There is a vocabulary section where the reader can tap the words to hear it used in a sentence.
* Animated scenes and characters increase engagement and comprehension
* Story is professionally narrated
* Bonus activities and worksheets are available on our website at http://www.quackenworth.com/appactivities.html
OTHER READ & RHYME INTERACTIVE BOOKS INCLUDE:
* Pete Has Big Feet
* Kim Likes to Swim
* Jenny Found a Penny
* Mike has a Bike
* Paul is Tall
5 TOP BENEFITS OF RHYMING
* Learning rhymes early increases a child’s chances of becoming a better reader.
* Rhyming builds phonemic awareness or the ability to distinguish between sounds.
* Rhyming helps children recognize word patterns and teaches word families.
* Rhyming is fun for children and motivates them to read more.
* Rhyming helps a child’s spelling ability.
* Compassion, helping others, friendship
* Early literacy
* Boys and girls ages 2 to 6
* Beginning readers
* Grades PK, K, 1
* English-language learners
TEACHERS USING COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
Joe Has a Sore Toe assists teachers and parents, both directly and indirectly, in supporting Common Core State Standards (CCSS') in English Language Arts. Joe Has a Sore Toe is designed for preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1 as well as special needs students. Below is a list of the corresponding CCSS's for kindergarten and grade 1:
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonological Awareness>Phonological Awareness> Kindergarten
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
Language: Vocabulary Acquisition and Use> Kindergarten
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5 With guidance and support from adults, explore word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5c Identify real-life connections between words and their use (e.g., note places at school that are colorful).
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonological Awareness>Phonological Awareness> Grade 1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonics and Word Recognition> Grade 1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Bug fixes.
- Added this app to our new Read & Rhyme and Preschool Readiness app bundles.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 30, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quackenworth Inc
- © Quackenworth
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.