Maryland Civil War Trails
By Maryland Office of Tourism
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Maryland Civil War Trails are the best way to discover the people, places and stories that were part of Maryland’s pivotal role in the Civil War, especially significant places, such as Antietam Battlefield. This app will help you find your way to more than 225 authentic sites, museums and battlefields, while at the same time providing information on events, what to see and do and where to stay and dine.
After your download, you will enjoy:
• Zoomable GPS maps that indicate your current location and the point(s) of interest that you are seeking.
• Full color photo and background information about 225 Civil War-related sites in Maryland.
• Civil War sites are grouped into eight driving tours or collections.
The Antietam Campaign: Lee Invades Maryland
Gettysburg: Invasion & Retreat
John Wilkes Booth: Escape of an Assassin
Baltimore: A House Divided
Baltimore Riot Trail
Attack on Washington: The Last Invasion
Cities and Towns of the Civil War
• Profiles of attractions, accommodations, restaurants and events in the areas that you are exploring so you don’t miss anything on your adventure in Maryland.
• BONUS: Make your photos ‘vintage’ while traveling the Maryland Civil War Trails: Simply take a photo or apply our photo filters to one of your previously taken photos to give it some Civil War-era feel.
The FREE Maryland Civil War Trails app was created to be your Civil War Trails ultimate travel planning tool, so that you can enjoy the history that Maryland has to offer! Whether you’re driving to a battlefield, such as Antietam, Gettysburg or Monocacy, overnighting in a charming town or big city and even planning from home, this app has an easy-to-use interface that will guide you to discover the beauty of Maryland’s Civil War Trails.
These driving tours feature sites from the war’s first days, with bloodshed in Baltimore, the fateful events that precipitated the Battle of Antietam, precarious troop movements to and from Gettysburg the devastation Maryland citizens felt in their wake, and the attack on Washington ordered by Confederate General Robert E. Lee late in the war. Finally, the aftermath of President Lincoln’s assassination and the pursuit of John Wilkes Booth come alive on Maryland’s landscapes through using this app.
To enjoy your travel even more, visit www.visitmaryland.org or any Maryland Travel information Center for access to the complete series of Maryland Civil War Trail map-guides, the Maryland Scenic Byways Guidebook and Map and other fine publications
What's New in Version 16.48
- Updated content and UI
- Bug fixes and other performance improvements
Often doesn't cooperate
Today, I had to uninstall and reload the app after it said "No listings" for EVERYTHING, and now I'm having the same issue after just two uses! Also, the pictures in the listings are barely legible unless you tap on the location. The UI still needs work, in addition to reliability improvements.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 22, 2017
- Version: 16.48
- Size: 88.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Maryland Office of Tourism
- © 2017 Maryland Office of Tourism and BarZ Adventures Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.