Fieldrunners 2 HD
By Subatomic Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--NOW ON METACRITIC'S LIST OF TOP GAMES FROM 2012!!--
Get ready to DEFEND THE WORLD in HD! The biggest sequel in tower defense history is now on iPad: Fieldrunners 2 HD has arrived! From Subatomic Studios, creators of the award winning classic strategy game, comes an all new adventure that was years in the making. Build epic mazes out of powerful weapons to defend the world from the invading fieldrunners!
• Full iPad Retina support for beautiful, HD graphics!
• Cannonball Tower lets you play pool with Fieldrunners!
• Zap Tower electrocutes groups with chains of lightning!
• Sonic Tower blasts enemies like a shotgun of sound!
• Slow Link Tower freezes enemies as they march through lasers!
• Machine Gun Tower fires powerful bullets with tracers!
• One and a half hours of developer commentary!
• Transfer game saves with iCloud!
• Toucharcade - 5/5
• The Appera - 10/10
• Slide to Play - 4/4
• Gamezebo - 5/5
• App Spy - 5/5
• App Smile - 5/5
• Macworld - 5/5
• Pikigeek - 5/5
• Apple'N'Apps - 5/5
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 25 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense, now!
• Retina display support for gorgeous artwork!
• iCloud lets you transfer games between iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch!
• Tons of levels - hours of action!
• 25 unique, upgradable weapons!
• Revolutionary AI - stunning realism!
• Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
• Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
• Elite enemy types!
• Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
• GameTrailers - App of the Day
• G4TV - Best Mobile Games
• Macworld - Editors’ Choice
• 148Apps - Editor’s Choice
• Slide to Play - Game of the Month
• AppAdvice - Game of the Week
• Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
• TUAW - App of the Day
“One of the best iOS games of 2012”
• Penny Arcade:
"This is a game that everyone needs to try"
• New York Times
"At last we have a sequel!"
“You need to download this game immediately”
“It will eat your soul and have you thanking it”
“You will love this game”
• The Verge/Polygon:
“One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played”
“The king of tower defense returns!”
“Innovating and redefining tower defense”
“The best game we saw at E3”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS--
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Email: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing our latest game! Please rate Fieldrunners 2 HD.
**TOP RATED GAME IN THE APP STORE**
Over 93% five star reviews - More than any other app in the Top Paid 300! This is a huge accomplishment, so big thanks to our fans for their ongoing support!
What's New in Version 1.8
**What's New - v1.8**
• 3 wildly-challenging NEW maps!
• Each new level features a unique music track
• Fixed support for iCloud
• Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
• 1.7: New Boomkin tower promotion, bug fixes, back end updates
• 1.6: Bug Fixes, back end updates, iOS 7 support
• 1.5: Bug Fixes
• 1.4: Added new towers and holiday items
• 1.3: Bug Fixes and new Halloween weapons
• 1.2: Added IAP and new weapons
• 1.1: Added GameCenter and new levels
• 1.0: Launch!
Great Game, Too Many Crashes
This game easily earns 5 stars, but for the distracting and frequent interruptions in play. If you use another app and come back, the sound won't work - which is critical to determine what's coming onto the field while you're working somewhere else. However, the biggest issue is the frequent crashing. DO NOT purchase coins in-game. After about a week or two of play, the game will just completely fail to move past the opening screen. Eventually, you delete and reload the game, however all of the coins and progress that you made are gone. The actual gameplay is inspired and completely addicting - making the erratic functionality all the more frustrating.
The original is better!
The game difficulty is ramped up, so that you must use items. Items cost. Yes, they have a system for you to earn coins, but let's be real. That system is nudges you towards buying coins with real world money.
This game simply isn't fun to me. I wanted a TD game. I didn't want a puzzle game. While playing some levels, I find myself annoyed and bored. When I pass a level, I don't feel like I accomplished anything. The traditional levels are mostly fun, but I won't be playing the rest.
Best TD game out
I've been playing this game vs Sentinel 3 for the last 4 weeks every night, and that's having passed 97% of the game already. Can't find a better TD that gives you as much variety in both game play and maps and types of difficulty. Can't wait for a FR3...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 11, 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 352 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Subatomic Studios, LLC
- © Subatomic Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2,000 Coins$2.99
- 7,000 Coins$8.99
- 14,000 Coins$12.99
- 30,000 Coins$19.99
- 70,000 Coins$39.99
- 200,000 Coins$99.99