Fieldrunners 2 HD
By Subatomic Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--NOW ON METACRITIC'S LIST OF TOP GAMES FROM 2012!!--
Get ready to DEFEND THE WORLD in HD! The biggest sequel in tower defense history is now on iPad: Fieldrunners 2 HD has arrived! From Subatomic Studios, creators of the award winning classic strategy game, comes an all new adventure that was years in the making. Build epic mazes out of powerful weapons to defend the world from the invading fieldrunners!
• Full iPad Retina support for beautiful, HD graphics!
• Cannonball Tower lets you play pool with Fieldrunners!
• Zap Tower electrocutes groups with chains of lightning!
• Sonic Tower blasts enemies like a shotgun of sound!
• Slow Link Tower freezes enemies as they march through lasers!
• Machine Gun Tower fires powerful bullets with tracers!
• One and a half hours of developer commentary!
• Transfer game saves with iCloud!
• Toucharcade - 5/5
• The Appera - 10/10
• Slide to Play - 4/4
• Gamezebo - 5/5
• App Spy - 5/5
• App Smile - 5/5
• Macworld - 5/5
• Pikigeek - 5/5
• Apple'N'Apps - 5/5
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 25 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense, now!
• Retina display support for gorgeous artwork!
• iCloud lets you transfer games between iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch!
• Tons of levels - hours of action!
• 25 unique, upgradable weapons!
• Revolutionary AI - stunning realism!
• Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
• Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
• Elite enemy types!
• Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
• GameTrailers - App of the Day
• G4TV - Best Mobile Games
• Macworld - Editors’ Choice
• 148Apps - Editor’s Choice
• Slide to Play - Game of the Month
• AppAdvice - Game of the Week
• Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
• TUAW - App of the Day
“One of the best iOS games of 2012”
• Penny Arcade:
"This is a game that everyone needs to try"
• New York Times
"At last we have a sequel!"
“You need to download this game immediately”
“It will eat your soul and have you thanking it”
“You will love this game”
• The Verge/Polygon:
“One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played”
“The king of tower defense returns!”
“Innovating and redefining tower defense”
“The best game we saw at E3”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS--
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Email: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing our latest game! Please rate Fieldrunners 2 HD.
**TOP RATED GAME IN THE APP STORE**
Over 93% five star reviews - More than any other app in the Top Paid 300! This is a huge accomplishment, so big thanks to our fans for their ongoing support!
What's New in Version 1.7
**What's New - v1.7**
• Fully optimized for fun!
• New Boomkin tower promotion
• Bug fixes and back end updates
• 1.6: Bug Fixes, back end updates, iOS 7 support
• 1.5: Bug Fixes
• 1.4: Added new towers and holiday items
• 1.3: Bug Fixes and new Halloween weapons
• 1.2: Added IAP and new weapons
• 1.1: Added GameCenter and new levels
• 1.0: Launch!
Had issues for a while, but once it stopped crashing, I fell in love with it!
When I first started playing FR2, it seemed to crash pretty regularly, but in recent updates, Subatomic has fixed the stability problems, so I'm re-reviewing the game several months later.
So what makes this such a great game? It's challenging without being impossible, especially once you get through the initial levels. Each one holds a different set of logistical challenges, but all of the levels are manageable, even at the hardest level, without items , once you figure them out. I promise! At first it seems kind of unbalanced, but I've never made a single IAP and am a top 100 player. It's fun, doesn't take long to learn, can be engrossing without sucking your life away, and provides challenges at every level of play. Enjoy!
The game tries to nickel and dime you, socially and financially
This game is a fun tower-defense game, but even though it is a paid game, it seems that every screen between levels is prompting you to Tweet a good message about the game, or post a great comment about it on Facebook—in exchange for "coins" which are pretty much required to pass the next level. There is also a pop-up dialog that prompts you to rate the game 5-stars on iTunes.
This could've been a worthwhile, fun game, but instead it is a game that nickel and dimes the users, trying to get them to spend more and more money buying coins so they can build their defense—and at the same time, bugging the player to sell the game to their friends via their social network.
An honest great game doesn't need to resort to such ham-fisted chicanery.
All about getting your money
The game is very fun.
NO customer support!
Must purchase separate versions for the iPad and iPhone.
The game is designed to force you to make in app purchases. (When playing levels on a harder setting the start screen tells you not to try without buying extra items)
Half the weapons/items must be purchased.
No indication of what items cause more damage.
A fieldrunner may go down from "?" amount of damage, two rounds later it may take 8 x "?" to take down the identical fieldrunner.
In app purchases are not restorable.
If you upgrade to a new device you loose what you've purchased.
No matter how good or how long you play, the coins earned do not even balance out the coins used to by items required to pass harder levels.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 18, 2013
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 351 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Subatomic Studios, LLC
- © Subatomic Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2,000 Coins$2.99
- 7,000 Coins$8.99
- 14,000 Coins$12.99
- 30,000 Coins$19.99
- 70,000 Coins$39.99
- 200,000 Coins$99.99