Impaktor - The drum synthesizer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
What's New in Version 1.2
· Introducing Audiobus support: stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
· DropBox sharing
· Configurable latency: from 128 to 512 frames
· Configurable number of loops to bounce
· Tap tempo
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
This was a revolution then and remains a jaw dropper to those I show who never seen! especially drummers and percussionists. It's so nice that the responsiveness is so tight that you can do perfect flams and soft roll fills AND THEY SOUND SWEET. and you can do these and many other drum techniques on a ton of built in sounds and can make nearly any sound you wanna beat on. Recently I've discovered that just tapping on my bed mattress with a drum stick or embarrassingly a couple of no. 5 macramé needles' fat ends! Sounds nutty but sitting there watching Notflix sometimes I just play flam para diddles or make beats finding the bassy part of the mattress and the more snare part so I brought impaktor into this (right into the middle...) and the bouncy mattress just was perfect for great snare rolls and drop stick dddoopdat doodat type 4th bar snare fills and rhythms. Fantastic and like nothing else. This was one of the first music apps I ever bought and I still love it very much. Thank you for bringing it life it is a masterpiece !
Unique, useful, awesome.
Impaktor is a great example of what iOS music is all about. It's part synthesizer, part drum app, and part noise machine. The "input" here is you tapping your finger on a desk, which registers as a synthesized "note" in the form of a drum beat, plastic pipe noise, or whichever of the several dozen presets you choose. You can create loops or play with AudioBus, and the synthesized rhythms have a human element to them because every hit is different and unique. You can even try tapping with your fingernail, a pen, or other object to see how that affects the output. The resulting sounds are recording-level quality, and unlike anything else in other apps. These range from 909 bass drums to snares to bizarre synthesized notes.
My only gripe is that I wanted more! I would love some more hi-hat and cymbal sounds so that I can tap out rhythms like an actual drum kit. But nevertheless, great effort from BeepStreet and definitely worth a look.
Wow'd a skeptic...
I was leery about the sensitivity and the latency, when I read the description of this app. As drummer of 30+ years playing many different genres, I went into this thinking there was no way this app could accurately pick up fast 32nd note intricate drum patterns.( I mean, it took Roland 15 or so years before the vdrums triggering was at a usable level)...I was definitely wrong. I could go on for days about how good this app is, but all you have to do is read some of the reviews. It really is as good as everyone makes it sound. There are only a couple apps that I can truly say are must haves as far as music production, gigging,etc. This is definitely one of them.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 08, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jaroslaw Jacek
- © 2012 BeepStreet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.