Recce - San Francisco
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Recce is a fast, beautiful, and fun way to explore San Francisco and everything that is going on in your immediate environment. From great coffee shops and hip bars, to cool art galleries and theatres, Recce’s unique approach makes discovering and exploring the city fun and engaging.
* A Super-fast, fully interactive and immersive 3D way to discover the most popular and vibrant parts of San Francisco.
* Built-in GPS and Compass functionality to quickly locate yourself, and discover the most interesting things in your immediate surroundings.
* Available both on-line and off-line with rich and relevant information.
* Take a quick tour and explore San Francisco’s finest landmarks, such as Home of the SF Giants, Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, The Ferry Building, Transamerica Pyramid, & Fisherman's Wharf.
* Discover & book tickets to events taking place around San Francisco's Theatres, Art Galleries, Bars and Clubs
* Discover & buy all the current local Offers around you
First I wanted to say this app is absolutely amazing. I love the street noise in the background and that's the first wow to me when using the app for the first time. And the second wow is the 3d cartoon style map and the running cars on the street. Did you guys achieve this by openGL or something? Really curious to know. And I love it that the custom pins on the map all have different sizes.
One problem tho is the app crashes quite a bit. Way to duplicate this: tap on search button->tap on offers in the tableview(I suppose its a tableview?)->crash. And also, you need to disable user interaction or do something when the tableview is expanding, because, if I tap anywhere in the tableview while its expanding, the app crashes.
In general, good job!
Having a nice experience, the 3d is really amazing, and as a tourist that has never been there, im understanding really good what im going to see! Im feeling that this app will be very handy!
But there are some problems and adjustments to work on.
I can only pin down some point through the search tool, i cant browse and pin. Ex. Alcatraz.
There are some points that crashes when i try to pin. Ex. Union square.
Found another one, lombard st.
Not just fun
I wasn't expecting much when I downloaded this app. What a gear surprise. Graphics are fun and it is not just pretty. It is accurate and useful. Puts Google maps to shame ;)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Released: Oct 02, 2012
- Version: v.1.0.0
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: eeGeo Limited
- © 2012 eeGeo Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.