Concepts: Smarter Sketching, Design & CAD for Architecture & Illustration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker and Airbrush. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.2.1
BETTER PRICING FOR OBJECTS
We love working for you designers. You appreciate quality, you give great feedback, and you’re very tolerant of iteration and change.
Lucky for us, you love the new Objects Library (and Advanced Transforms!), but you’d love it more if our professionally-designed packs were more accessible. So, we lowered the price and if you pick three, five, or ten object packs you'll save up to 25%.
You’ll save hours of work by dragging them off the menu and onto your drawings. Look out for new packs every few weeks based on your requests… coming soon are more objects for UI, landscaping, and things for fun, too.
If you appreciate color we added two new bits; one on the color wheel if there’s a color on your clipboard, and the second is a list of all the colors you’ve used in your drawing. Just scroll up on the recommended colors section to see an ordered-by-use list.
We also included fixes for Precision Scale + Rotate, grid rendering, measurements, transforms, added a “tap-to-dismiss” on those mostly-helpful pop-ups, updated Adobe Creative Cloud, and stapled that Undo button into place on the 12.9” iPad Pro.
We’d be ever-so-grateful if you added or updated your five-star review of Concepts. We’ll be back soon with more goodies, including the ability to make your own objects!
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Perfect for designing
I have used Concepts since I bought my first iPad. The only app that I use more is my timer (I'm not very good at managing time LOL!) 1 sketch, draw, make templates using Concepts ALL the time. Concepts is so versatile, so smooth , so professional. Adobe hates me because I keep asking them when they might someday have an IOS product even half as well done as Concepts ~ I ask this every time I send a new list of serious flaws with their IOS products. ... By the way IPAD pro + Concepts + iPAD pencil is absolute heaven. I do all my design work with them -- much easier than using a tablet and my desk top .
Hd The following is my review from a few years ago when I bought my Pad 3.
Still the best app when I want beautiful curves and lines. And such a smooth inking engine that i use it for freehand, too. Pure heaven when you need a bit of both.
I use this app to create stained glass patterns. It has everything i need. I can set guides so that all my lines are aligned. It has prebuilt, adjustable shapes so that my arcs, circles, squares, etc. are perfect. And the best feature, i can draw a portion of my design, then copy and move, stretch, shrink and place elsewhere. How cool! You can import images, draw on transparent background, and so much more. Love it! Now i want to request drawing symmetry and i will be in heaven. Lol!
Best pen to page feel tool out there
Love the attention to detail in that regard.
Would be a five star if they allowed you to import or make your own stencils instead of forcing you to buy from their weak offering. Seriously boys... What's the business strategy here? Do you really expect to provide all stencils to all people? Not a chance in hell especially at your current rate. Open it up to allow the community to vote on and contribute stencils. Now you've got a super powerful tool... instead of the current 95' MS office set that you charge for and just makes you look cheap and petty. We will pay for good tools. Just give us something real.
In general thanks for a good app though!
A great app with amazing developers
If you ever wanted to sketch or design anything then this is the app for you!
Some great features this app has are:
1. Undo & redo buttons
2. You can create any color possible by changing the red/green/blue values that makeup the color
3. You can select any drawn lines to delete them, resize them, rotate, change color, transparency, or just move them around the drawing.
4. There are many tools to choose from. (pencil, airbrush, marker, pen, dotted, fixed width, text, and more)
5. You can export drawings as either a JPG, PNG, SVG, DFX, or Layered PSD file.
6. Finally Concepts has an amazing team of developers which are constantly adding new features and improving the app
1. There is no "fill in" tool, you must fill in everything a bit manually.
2. There are many buttons and settings that can be changed so becoming accustomed to the user interface and all of its feature will take a while.
Update: Thank you so much for adding the option to scale line weights. I really needed :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 10, 2016
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)$7.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$3.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- Precision Toolkit$1.99
- Images & TextFree
- Layers & Adjust$2.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 10 Object Pack Credits $14.99