Just in time for duck season, the official DU App has received an extensive upgrade filled with enhancements and new features. Popular tools remain such as the DU Migration Map, Waterfowler’s Journal, Waterfowl ID, DU events and more. The DU App includes tools that are important to DU supporters, waterfowlers and conservationists throughout North America.
- Sunrise/sunset countdown
- Weather at a glance
- New season statistics in waterfowl journal
- Improved navigation and design
- Performance improvements
- View waterfowl migration reports across the U.S. and Canada in list-view or map format
- View public report submission intensity at a glance using the heat map feature
- Search migration and hunting reports near you
- Submit your own report
- View reports from DU Field Editors, DU Biologists, and DU Migration Alerts
- View weather forecasts for report locations
- View information on the most popular North American waterfowl species
- View photos, listen to audio and detailed information on breeding, migration, population and food habits
- View distribution maps, including visual boundaries of breeding, wintering, and year-round activity
Ducks Unlimited Events
- Find a local DU event in your area or browse events for all U.S. states and Canadian provinces
- View event details and purchase tickets online
- Log location, weather conditions, and other notes relative to your hunt
- Log the number of birds harvested, broken down by species and sex
- Take photos from your phone and attach them directly to your reports
- View and edit journal entries from previous hunts
DU Members / My DU
- Create a free My DU profile to gain access to the Waterfowler’s Journal and see specially featured content from DU
- As a DU Member, you have access to your account information, membership expiration date, digital version of your DU membership card, and the DU Magazine (digital edition)
- View sunrise / sunset data for your current location or provide a city, state/province
- View snow cover maps for the U.S.
- Access band recovery data
- Access National Wildlife Refuge details for the U.S.
- Access season and bag limit information for the U.S. and Canada
- Access DU TV and DU Films full-length videos
- Access info on Ducks Unlimited magazine and the DU Member Photo gallery
- Learn about Ducks Unlimited and the benefits of becoming a DU member
- Submit comments & feedback
- Join us on Social Media
By the Numbers since 2015:
- More than 360,000 app downloads
- More than 51 million views to migration reports
- More than 7.2 million screen views to Waterfowl ID
- More than 415,000 waterfowl journal entries
- More than 237,000 photos uploaded to waterfowl journal entries
- More than 143,000 Sunrise/set calculations
- More than 535,000 views to DU events
Ratings and Reviews
Lacks basic features
Why would a took with date tagged data not allow you to search a period of time. I can put in one date at a time and see if the results change. The app should allow you to specify a date range and show all reports within that range. I also think a previous version allowed you to sort by distance from your location. Current version doesn’t seem to allow that. Seems you can put in city but only get reports with the same city. You should be able to specify a distance from a city\town or your current location.
I only gave 5 stars because I love duck hunting and I love ducks unlimited. However, the migration map has just been awful! 1/2 Star on map. It always crashes on iPads and iPhones... is there an issue? I am up to date on my phones version.
Not quite worthless migration map report and season/bag limit
The season and bag limit is totally inoperative.
The mobile version of the migration map and report require such specificity that unless you know the exact day someone posted a report you get no response.
I want to be able to put in Maine and see all the reports for a time period not for one day.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.