Treasure Kai and the Seven Cities of Gold
By Treasure Bound Books
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Global eBook Awards Winner for Best Multimedia in an eBook. *****5 Stars from Digital Storytime! *****5 Stars and "even better than the original!" from The iMums.***** This highly-anticipated sequel picks up where the award-winning first story, “Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island” left off. Join Treasure Kai as he goes back in time to race Francisco Coronado to find the Seven Cities of Gold. Open treasure chests, place keys on the map and see if your memory can get Kai home! Unique read-play fun.
See the app demo video at www.treasurekai.com or simply click the Developer Website button.
When Treasure Kai awakes from his treasure-hunting dream to find a real treasure map and clue in his pocket, it’s the start of a whirlwind adventure sending him back in time to race Francisco Coronado for the Seven Lost Cities of Gold.
Can Treasure Kai trust the clues, conquer obstacles and beat the conquistadors to save the Seven Cities of Gold? With his best friend Kate and you, he just might do it.
But only if your memory can help him get home!
Designed to make reading comprehension interactive and fun, “Treasure Kai and the Seven Cities of Gold” is a unique storybook app adventure game.
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS APP?
Unlike most book apps, you experience this story in a completely different way, making you part of the adventure.
It starts out the same as other books as you turn the pages to reveal the quest.
- a treasure map appears with seven golden keys locked in place.
- the keys fly off the map and disappear into scrambling chests!
- You then randomly open treasure chests, revealing gold keys to place back on the map in order to transport to the next City of Gold.
- Once you’ve discovered all seven keys, you must remember the order you visited the cities to get Treasure Kai home!
It’s a twist on choose-your-adventure wherein each reading of the story being different. Kids read-play over and over.
- Random reading for thousands of ways to experience the story.
- Matching tasks using golden keys and a treasure map.
- Memory game that is part of the story experience and that encourages comprehension.
- Animations, original score and fun sound effects.
MORE ABOUT TREASURE KAI
In this innovative series, kids go on fictional treasure hunt adventures through history. Kids can then go online to see educational videos inspired by the stories. See videos at www.treasurekai.com
-Book App 1 - Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island - Reveals how an ordinary boy discovers imagination and treasure hunt adventure.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FREE FUN FACT VIDEOS, GAMES, EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MORE...
- Play Kai's very own online video game.
- Watch Fun Fact Videos featuring cool facts from the stories.
- Do word searches, mazes, crossword puzzles and download colouring pages.
- Get free curriculum activities aligned with Common Core Standards and piloted in classrooms.
- Plus, take a sneak peek behind the scenes.
And it’s all FREE!
TREASURE KAI IS LOVED BY
Boys and girls ages 5+
Treasure Kai has been awarded…
A Gold Mom’s Choice Award for excellence in family-friendly media products and services.
Best in Category at New Media Film Festival San Francisco
Top 25 Most Essential Children's Book App and Top 10 Most Original by Digital Storytime
PARENT NOTICE ABOUT THIS APP
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We'd love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasure Bound Books is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Large Icon corrected to be consistent with the icons bundled with the app.
This App Has It All
This app has what makes an app engaging, fun and worth getting: great interactive pieces, good story, enough interactive elements, beautiful illustrations, relevant sounds and themed music. Unique to this app, is the non-repetitive story line as kids pick different chests to change up the order of the story.
Not to miss for home schoolers and teachers is the Common Core aligned curriculum.
What fun! I bought this to share with my nephew but I thoroughly enjoyed it myself!
I know it will provide hours of entertainment for him and will stimulate his interest in this part of history and his story making.
The way that the keys can be scrambled is very clever, adding to the interactivity. All in all, this app is a winner!
My son loves the map and keys!
Just had to share how much fun my son has with this app. He loves opening the treasure chests and finding secret keys, then dragging them on to the map. He has so much fun with the story and feels like he's a part of it. Great app!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 04, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 201 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Treasure Bound Books Pty Ltd
- © Treasure Bound Books Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.