Wildfires by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**IMPORTANT FOR IPHONE 4 USERS: DO NOT UPDATE YET**. WE’RE AWARE OF AN ISSUE CAUSING THE APP TO CRASH FOR SOME USERS. WE’RE WORKING ON A FIX THAT SHOULD BE LIVE SOON. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE YET.
Be ready for wildfire with Wildfire by the American Red Cross. Get the latest state-by-state Wildfire news, prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area that is susceptible to wildfires or has loved ones that do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
• General bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Excellent Source For Wildfire Links
I was surprised at all the negative reviews. It's a free application... What I love about this app are the links. I'm a retired Fire Captain with 30-years experience. The negative reviews are from civilian snivelers. Who's opinion re you going to respect? If you find a problem, report it to the Red Cross. Look for the positive in things folks! Stay safe!
No News, No Data!
Perhaps the app is overwhelmed in CA but there is absolutely NO data about the ongoing wildfires in CA... Totally useless for keeping track of the Wildfire burning less than 10 miles from my home here near the Butte Mountain Fire! Additionally, when I tried to send feedback / support questions to the developer I got an HTTP verb error. Clearly something is vastly wrong with this product and the development and testing of it.
This is a terrible app. Got it for my iPhone and it is barely okay. Doesn't work on my iPad. Can't get any info on my state, Oregon. There are at least two fires going nowhere, would like to find any info on them.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 14, 2014
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012 American Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.