Mynd - Smart Calendar & Meeting Scheduler
By Alminder Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mynd Calendar from Alminder Inc. is an intelligent mobile calendar designed for busy people on the go. It acts like a virtual assistant, making your life easier – both at home and at work. It was named one of the “Ten Best iOS Calendar Apps” by The Next Web and gets great reviews from CBS, Wired, GigaOm, LifeHacker, Business Insider, Gear Patrol, The Next Web, CNet, TechRepublic and others.
Replace your existing calendar(s) with Mynd Calendar, and within a week, you’ll see it get smarter and improve your productivity. Mynd Calendar learns where you spend your time and the people that you meet along the way, becoming increasingly smarter and more helpful the more you use it. It stays at least one step ahead of you, working behind the scenes to save you effort, prepare you for your meetings, and get from point A to B on time. It is incredibly easy to setup and syncs seamlessly with your existing calendar(s). Mynd Calendar also integrates with Apple Reminders to bring easy task management directly to your calendar.
Mynd Calendar is ideal for road warriors. It is the ONLY smart calendar that accurately identifies the places you're going and accurately predicts (even far in advance) how much buffer time you need to schedule between meetings given the typical traffic at that time of day. As you get closer to your appointments, Mynd Calendar tells you when to leave, based on current traffic conditions and launches your favorite navigation app. If you’re not on the road frequently, we now offer you the ability to turn off our location based services and alerts.
Mynd Calendar is a 100% free calendar app with the following key features:
* One click to call and join conference calls…Never type in an access code again!
*“Mynd Scheduler” (New!) makes it easy to propose multiple meeting times directly from your phone… Just tap on the times you’re available, add your proposed attendees and location information, and Mynd will create a beautifully formatted email you can send to proposed attendees to gauge their availability. The times you've proposed will remain blocked off on your calendar until the meeting is finalized.
* Set-up custom alert tones to gently prompt you when to leave for a meeting, dial into a conference call (New!), or start an event.
* Unique home screen gives a summary of your day, with photos, weather forecast, mileage, and stats on how you spend your time.
* Uses adaptive learning to assign locations to regular meetings without addresses (e.g. "gym"). Always remembers your home and work locations.
* Notifies you when you're running late and lets you easily email, call or text the people who need to know from within the calendar.
* Connects your Address Book, easily allowing you to contact meeting attendees by phone, text or email directly from Mynd Calendar.
* Discovers the people listed in your calendar events and displays pictures and information from their LinkedIn profiles as well as information from your address book.
* Integrates with LinkedIn and Evernote to discover information about people and attach notes to meetings.
* Supports multiple calendars (anything you’re already syncing to iCal).
* Enables creation of calendar invitations using Siri.
* Gives you granular control over when Location Services are used.
* Alminder Inc., takes your privacy and data protection seriously.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Fixes Contacts matching issues.
- Other Bug fixes.
Great little app
I don’t normally write reviews but this app is so good that I had to. Suffice to say that it’s a great little app with a beautiful and intuitive interface. A few things (developers are you listening?):
1) my top complaint is that it needs better integration with reminders. I am sure that is coming though. Why am I sure? Because it just makes sense that it would be.
2) I can’t seem to find a way to change the “driving” directions to “walk” or “public transit” (it might be there but I can’t find it). Sometimes I walk and sometimes I take public transit and sometimes I drive. I mostly walk and take public transit though. I would like to be able to change my proposed method of transportation so that the app can better track my transit time.
3) I do hope that the developers will build in support for other “reminder” apps such as OmniFocus.
Those are the only things I can think of right now. Other than those few miner niggles I think that this is a superb app and would be worth purchasing even if they charged for it.
Great but could be better
This is an amazing app but it lacks some basic conceptual features. First off is that it syncs with your reminders but it doesn't have even 10% of the features of the reminders app from apple. Features such as a time and day to remind you or a location. If I have to open the reminders app why should I sync it with this one, just makes for more notifications to hog up my screen. Second is the fact that there is no way to hit one button to make reminders go away. Such as when you know you have to be somewhere and you're already there. I wish there was a way to stop it from reminding me when I don't need to be such as a button to stop multiple reminders.
Great concept, needs some work
I was really excited reads the feature set and after downloading the app. However, there are some things that are quite there yet. Mileage - I thought this would be awesome but the other day, it just wasn't tracking. I was halfway to work and way early for a meeting and it said I had only gone 10 miles. I was a mile from work before it recalculated the total because I took an alternate route but said I had travelled 51 (actual is 62) and that I was still 15 min away. Not sure what makes that process leggy but of you can't count on it, ruins one of the most interesting features about the app for me.